Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

241 - 260 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
It doesn’t matter really just install it and reboot headunit. Then sound will come out of YouTube . Remember to switch mode to media or Bluetooth .so either phone has to be connected with Bluetooth or usb thumb inserted in front USB port
Thanks -- it seems to want to register me.. I wish I could switch its language :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
It doesn’t matter really just install it and reboot headunit. Then sound will come out of YouTube . Remember to switch mode to media or Bluetooth .so either phone has to be connected with Bluetooth or usb thumb inserted in front USB port
Perhaps I installed something wrong. I installed SorentoSound.
Every time I reboot, I get a dark page showing a KIA, and the text is in Russian. When I tap the screen it asks for registration and when I hit cancel it drops me to a page of buttons. Also no sound comes out still..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Perhaps I installed something wrong. I installed SorentoSound.
Every time I reboot, I get a dark page showing a KIA, and the text is in Russian. When I tap the screen it asks for registration and when I hit cancel it drops me to a page of buttons. Also no sound comes out still..
yup wrong app.
Here it is

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks to the information in this thread, my son has prepared 2 SD cards for me and sent them. One of them is labelled '1.' Unfortunately, he lives over 350 miles away from me in Cumbria.

Would someone be able to give me step-by-step, idiot's guide instructions on how I install the updates, please? How much time will I need? Can I leave the car unattended while it 'does it's thing?'

Many thanks for any help, along with my apologies if you feel you are repeating this information ad nauseum.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq
10 Posts
Thanks to the information in this thread, my son has prepared 2 SD cards for me and sent them. One of them is labelled '1.' Unfortunately, he lives over 350 miles away from me in Cumbria.

Would someone be able to give me step-by-step, idiot's guide instructions on how I install the updates, please? How much time will I need? Can I leave the car unattended while it 'does it's thing?'

Many thanks for any help, along with my apologies if you feel you are repeating this information ad nauseum.
Hello my friend, I also made the update last week. The process is pretty simple. Start the tool and keep it running during the update. Number 1, so insert the update card into the vehicle. It will tell you there is a new update and start the update by saying "ok". The update will take about 10 minutes, don't touch anything. After the update is complete, just insert the card with the map.

Update is complete :)

@Cabbyman

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq
10 Posts
1. Download the latest firmware.

2. Unpack all the files to your PC and then copy all the files to a fat32 formatted Micro SD card (32GB or bigger).

3. Power on your Ioniq.

4. Remove the map Micro SD card from beneath the screen.

5. Insert the update Micro SD card.

6. When asked, accept the firmware update by pressing OK.

7. Wait patiently for the update to finish, updating will take about 10 minutes.

8. Remove the update Micro SD card and reinsert the map Micro SD card.

Enjoy your improved Ioniq.
@Cabbyman

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thank you all.

One query: The process shown, in post #246, only mentions one new SD card. My son has compiled two, according to information on this thread. Is the second one a map update to REPLACE the existing SD card? Do I 'discard' the old card?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thank you all.

One query: The process shown, in post #246, only mentions one new SD card. My son has compiled two, according to information on this thread. Is the second one a map update to REPLACE the existing SD card? Do I 'discard' the old card?
Yes the 2nd SD card should be the updated maps. When the 1st SD card has finished updating remove it and insert the 2nd SD card. The updated maps should appear without you doing anything further. Once you have confirmed the new maps are working the original map SD card is redundant and can be used for other purposes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've been a very, very brave boy!!! I have now updated software and maps!!!! Thank you all for your invaluable help. :D(y)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I will. Just need an opportunity to get out to the car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think I took the picture before the car caught up with me!

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq
10 Posts
Hello, I want help from you. I have an iphone 7 plus phone. I think there is 1 usb port in the car. I also want to use apple car play. I also have the usb with my mp3s loaded. How do I connect both of these to the vehicle at the same time?

241 - 260 of 288 Posts