Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

201 - 220 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq
10 Posts
Yes, yes and yes :)
Sorry I will have a few more questions. I downloaded the map updates to my computer, uploaded the downloaded files to the sd card. I put my car SD card (Turkish language system) will automatically map you upload turkey? (TUR.12.41.47.550.108.3 [D.F9]) or do I need to do something special? I'm afraid to brick the multimedia system.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq
10 Posts
The map file does not fit inside the sd card coming out of the car. Maps do not open without inserting the SD card in the car, is there no solution? Won't they upload maps to this card when I go to the service? Will the sd card change because the file is large in the service?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq
10 Posts
1. Download the latest firmware.

2. Unpack all the files to your PC and then copy all the files to a fat32 formatted Micro SD card (32GB or bigger).

3. Power on your Ioniq.

4. Remove the map Micro SD card from beneath the screen.

5. Insert the update Micro SD card.

6. When asked, accept the firmware update by pressing OK.

7. Wait patiently for the update to finish, updating will take about 10 minutes.

8. Remove the update Micro SD card and reinsert the map Micro SD card.

Enjoy your improved Ioniq.

In this case, the 16GB SD card installed in the vehicle will not work. We need to replace it with 32gb sd card. is it true?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
In this case, the 16GB SD card installed in the vehicle will not work. We need to replace it with 32gb sd card. is it true?
The map files when unpacked is less than 16 go. So it should easy for the original vehicle sd card. Remember to format the vehicle sd card first .

also remember that this map 12.41 requires latest software version.
map you have to install the software update first ,when done, format the sd card and copy over the unpacked map files . And then insert the sd card into the car.
Remember the car must be on, do not shut down car while updating.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can get the latest map torrent and the latest firmware 9.12.2019 torrent (15.5Gb) for 28kW Ioniq from here:

Same url in text https://gofile.io/?c=Tcz9tD
This upload does not exist.. it says :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone successfully updated a 2020 EV in the UK/Europe?

Extracted the maps zip and copied to USB but upon connecting the update button is greyed out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, that didn't work for me so I've managed to get the US mapnsoft downloader pulling down their latest update and I'll let it install to USB stick to compare file structure etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If anyone is interested, this is the contents of the US update USB. Navi_backup.tarX contains the maps across the tar set.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Getting closer, the 2020 Ioniq is a 10" widescreen unit so the update posted on page 1 isn't correct for this model. What is needed is 'Hyundai_Gen5_STD5W_2020_WIDESCREEN_SOFTWARE_UND_MA P.' but all links to it have been taken down on the German forum.

not compatible with 2020 from investigation below.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Last one from me, downloaded the update via the hyundai website for Korea - Navigation Updater | 현대자동차 내비게이션 업데이트 공식 홈페이지

Again its an all in one package with the system updates tarred and the map data contained within navi_backup.tarX. Obviously the map is a bit smaller compared to USA/Canada :) Again notice the 'encrypted' file which points to Hyundai only allowing authorised updates onto their car to stop sideloading?

So going by what's in the update package the latest (korean) versions for each part of the headunit are:

Software: AEPEEV.KOR.S5W_M.V010.001.200717
Nav App: STD5W.KOR.HMC.200716.50fe787 <--- 16/07/2020!
Map Version : KOR.13.47.49.000.503.0

Again this ties in with what i've seen with the US versions, so question is...
  1. Why is Europe being shortchanged with no regular updates and an update facility you can't use from home?
  2. Why not update the vehicles at the factory before sticking them on a boat? Is this meant to be done at the dealer prior to delivery?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
korea is their main land so of course they will get updates first. and then later for europe.

I am more surprised that the new ioniw 2020 facelift is still android 4.4.2 ....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Could someone confirm if there has ever been an update on the 2018 PHEV Ioniq for the USA? Took it to the dealer today, and the service rep look at his computer and said there is no update, but with all the talk on here I was expecting there to be? Would his computer show what is available, or would they actually need to be plugged in to the car to confirm?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Could someone confirm if there has ever been an update on the 2018 PHEV Ioniq for the USA? Took it to the dealer today, and the service rep look at his computer and said there is no update, but with all the talk on here I was expecting there to be? Would his computer show what is available, or would they actually need to be plugged in to the car to confirm?
All ioniq models have had updates since 2017 till April 2020. Your dealer is high on crack my G

201 - 220 of 261 Posts