Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

181 - 200 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I got that, but I'm not sure of what file to copy on the SD card.
Should do the update in 2 steps, as there are 2 files "allSoftware" and "LGE Map" ?
Is "AllSoftware" for the firmware update ?

·
Registered
309 Posts
One fat32 formatted SD card is needed for the firmware update.

After succesfully updating the Ioniq firmware, you can use the same SD card and empty or fat32 format the SD & copy all the map files to the SD card and insert the SD to the Ioniq.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
41 Posts
I've decided to revert back to factory firmware as I would have to do that for my up coming service anyway, and so have gone with doing this to my car. I have unlimited options this way 😂

It's just a 10 inch Samsung S5E tablet velcroed onto a tablet stand, which is velcroed onto the dashboard so it's all easy to remove/hide and doesn't wobble about.

The cool thing about it is when I enter the car with my phone and turn the car on, the Hyundai Access Point app on my phone turns on the hotspot feature on my phone so the car connects but I can also make the tablet connect to the phone at the same time, so it's pretty seamless to use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One fat32 formatted SD card is needed for the firmware update.

After succesfully updating the Ioniq firmware, you can use the same SD card and empty or fat32 format the SD & copy all the map files to the SD card and insert the SD to the Ioniq.
I made the update this evening.
I have the car since 3 days now and it was my first car update :D
It went great, thank you :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
I've decided to revert back to factory firmware as I would have to do that for my up coming service anyway, and so have gone with doing this to my car. I have unlimited options this way 😂 View attachment 32404
Hey bud, care to explain what this is and how you did it? Pix and video would be cool. Looks neat for sure

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq Electric
6 Posts
After receiving my Ioniq EV first thing I did was software & maps update + Prepare Auto Test: On.

The goal I'm trying to achieve is using BlueLink for remote features from phone (like pre-heating/cooling before trip/get the charge rate).

I've already installed Bluelink Europe app on phone and registered an account.
But there is no BlueLink app on head unit.

Can someone confirm that BlueLink app for head unit is a part of 191209 software? Or it should be installed separately?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
After receiving my Ioniq EV first thing I did was software & maps update + Prepare Auto Test: On.

The goal I'm trying to achieve is using BlueLink for remote features from phone (like pre-heating/cooling before trip/get the charge rate).

I've already installed Bluelink Europe app on phone and registered an account.
But there is no BlueLink app on head unit.

Can someone confirm that BlueLink app for head unit is a part of 191209 software? Or it should be installed separately?
Hey buddy! And congrats on your new ioniq ev.
Blue link is ONLY available in the new ioniq 2020 facelift. With 10.25” widescreen.
The older models do not have blue link capabilities. It’s a physical hardware add on, not just software.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Just for information I took my 2020 IONIQ to a dealer today for a map/software update. I had already checked what the latest software should be from Hyundai UK.

Software: XX.EUR.SSW_L001.001.191223
Firmware: XX.EUR.01.191214.MIICOM
Nav App: STD5W.EUR.XX.200108.068cef0_19Q2
Map Version: EUR.12.41.47.551.401.2(D.F9)
Map Version PHEV/EV: EUR.12.41.47.SS1.401.2(D.F9/E.F9)

The maps/software on the 2020 IONIQ are updated via the USB port below the infotainment unit.

The dealer used the Hyundai_Gen5.0_LGE_Map & Hyundai_Gen5_AllSoftware, only when this software was placed on the USB stick did the update become available (the greyed out update button became live on the software verion screen).

It gave 2 main choices for update, quick and general, general was selected which updated firmware and maps, the process took around 50 minutes to complete.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

Just for information I took my 2020 IONIQ to a dealer today for a map/software update. I had already checked what the latest software should be from Hyundai UK.

Software: XX.EUR.SSW_L001.001.191223
Firmware: XX.EUR.01.191214.MIICOM
Nav App: STD5W.EUR.XX.200108.068cef0_19Q2
Map Version: EUR.12.41.47.551.401.2(D.F9)
Map Version PHEV/EV: EUR.12.41.47.SS1.401.2(D.F9/E.F9)

The maps/software on the 2020 IONIQ are updated via the USB port below the infotainment unit.

The dealer used the Hyundai_Gen5.0_LGE_Map & Hyundai_Gen5_AllSoftware, only when this software was placed on the USB stick did the update become available (the greyed out update button became live on the software verion screen).

It gave 2 main choices for update, quick and general, general was selected which updated firmware and maps, the process took around 50 minutes to complete.
Anything different?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
If it’s that easy why can we just download the files and do it ourselves? My BMW allowed me to do that - surely better for Hyundai in terms of cost at dealer etc?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Anything different?

One thing I have noticed is whilst listening to Planet Rock, the radio changed to Absolute 80's all by itself three times on my half hour commute this morning. Still displaying the Planet Rock logo, had to tune to another station then back again. Never did this before the update 😔. Will have to contact Hyundai and the dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it’s that easy why can we just download the files and do it ourselves? My BMW allowed me to do that - surely better for Hyundai in terms of cost at dealer etc?

If you can get hold of the file I don't see why you couldn't do it yourself. Hyundai offer the updates free for 5 years so no monetary cost just time.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq
6 Posts
Hello, I want to download and install this update. I have two questions.
1- Will I be able to use the Turkish language when I install the update?
2- Is there a map update in the map update files for Turkey?
3- I have samsung evo 32gb sd card and samsung evo 64gb sd card for update, can i use them?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Hello, I want to download and install this update. I have two questions.
1- Will I be able to use the Turkish language when I install the update?
2- Is there a map update in the map update files for Turkey?
3- I have samsung evo 32gb sd card and samsung evo 64gb sd card for update, can i use them?
Yes, yes and yes :)

181 - 200 of 243 Posts