·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
AE.3 IONIQ EV Hatch Elite 100KW 38.3 KWH
44 Posts
Once downloaded how do you update the Maps?
Is the USB port near the 2x 12 volt outlets how you update?..
Info please.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Once downloaded how do you update the Maps?
Is the USB port near the 2x 12 volt outlets how you update?..
Info please.
I'm not sure about the new 38Kwh EV, but on my 28 Kwh EV there is a removable plastic flap in the center just below the infotainment display that gives access to the SD card which can be pressed in to allow removal. Instructions on how to update are on this forum if you do a search.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just updated my PHEV today.
Went all fine for me.

-----
Just be aware 3rd party apps will be removed if you have such installed.
And you have no longer access to the android system with the old work around.
But this is only to be aware of if you installed 3rd party apps. Else ignore this part.
-----

Used my maps SD card and deleted the content.
Took all the files from the Software folder, and put the content on my SD. Inserted SD into my headunit. It will pop up and ask if you want to update.
Will take 5-7 min and reboot several times.
After update i Deleted all the files on the SD card, and copied the updated files from the maps folder to my SD and just inserted. And the new updated maps
starts up.

This is only how i did.

·
Registered
44 Posts
OK.. Thanks all . The new 2020 model does not have an SD card slot to update anything.. Maybe the updates are only done at the dealer when he services and connects to his network and the car diagnostics.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Just updated my PHEV today.
Went all fine for me.

-----
Just be aware 3rd party apps will be removed if you have such installed.
And you have no longer access to the android system with the old work around.
But this is only to be aware of if you installed 3rd party apps. Else ignore this part.
-----

Used my maps SD card and deleted the content.
Took all the files from the Software folder, and put the content on my SD. Inserted SD into my headunit. It will pop up and ask if you want to update.
Will take 5-7 min and reboot several times.
After update i Deleted all the files on the SD card, and copied the updated files from the maps folder to my SD and just inserted. And the new updated maps
starts up.

This is only how i did.
@Helskov thanks for your useful post on the new 2020 firmware & Nav. I have now successfully downloaded and unzipped all the relevant files and will follow your instructions to load them in my 2017 BEV when I have time.
In the interim, can you detail any changes/improvements you have found since updating? I'm sure others would find this useful as well.;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does it work on the Hyundai hybrid 2018? The firmware update, because the files doens't look the same with comparision to the 2019 update.

Versus

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
88 Posts
Great stuff. I wish there was a way to breakdown what each of the files are for, or where I can look for help finding someone who knows a thing or two about the software and hacking it. I only want to disable creep.

·
Registered
44 Posts
All of these features are available in my 2020 EV Model so I can stop my curiosity for now :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can anybody tell me how to update system firmware. With gen 5 Kia software. See my early post. The folder structure is different.

·
Registered
315 Posts
1. Download the latest firmware.

2. Unpack all the files to your PC and then copy all the files to a fat32 formatted Micro SD card (32GB or bigger).

3. Power on your Ioniq.

4. Remove the map Micro SD card from beneath the screen.

5. Insert the update Micro SD card.

6. When asked, accept the firmware update by pressing OK.

7. Wait patiently for the update to finish, updating will take about 10 minutes. Keep your car turned on the whole time.

8. Remove the update Micro SD card and reinsert the map Micro SD card.

Enjoy your improved Ioniq.

·
Registered
Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid Premium SE Polar White purchased new March 2018
16 Posts
Map update .rar asks for a password - one given in first post doesn't work...

1 - 20 of 288 Posts