Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Ioniq PHEV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CAA membership is set to expire, and was wondering if it's worth keeping it or just trusting that Hyundai Roadside Assistance is good enough. Any thoughts? I'm wondering if all these roadside services just contract with the same tow companies anyway...

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,073 Posts
I've always kept my CAA as it protects me regardless of which (or whose) vehicle I'm in. The three times that I've used it have happened to be in someone else's vehicle, and it got us out of what would have been a tough spot otherwise. CAA no longer has their own trucks in a lot of regions, as they found that contracting out was cheaper and more scalable than maintaining their own tow fleet.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Ioniq PHEV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, thanks for that. for $130 I think I'll just keep it for piece of mind. I've had to use CAA in the past and it was always quick and reliable.

·
Registered
312 Posts
For what it's worth, I have both, and have used both. They all do the same thing: they place calls to affiliated tow services in the area.

That's being said, my Gold CAA will tow me up to 350km I think it is, whereas the Hyundai will only tow you to a nearby Hyundai dealership.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Ioniq PHEV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For what it's worth, I have both, and have used both. They all do the same thing: they place calls to affiliated tow services in the area.

That's being said, my Gold CAA will tow me up to 350km I think it is, whereas the Hyundai will only tow you to a nearby Hyundai dealership.
Yeah - good call on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts