Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai, Kia Issue Recall Due to Faulty Parts - The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea - Business > Business

March 27, 2017 12:00

Hyundai and affiliate Kia have been ordered to recall their new Grandeur and K7 sedans due to defective brakes.
The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport said Sunday it issued the order as the brakes on the two vehicles were found to lack stopping power due to defects.
The affected vehicles are 4,310 Grandeur models manufactured from Jan. 12 to March 1 of this year and 2,221 K7 sedans manufactured from Jan. 19 to March 6.

Hyundai's Avante and Ioniq compacts and Kia's Niro crossover have also been recalled due to defects that could cause their steering wheels to feel heavier while driving. The affected vehicles include Avante compacts and Ioniq hybrids manufactured from Dec. 22 of 2016 to Jan. 26 of this year and Niro crossovers made from Dec. 23 to Jan. 28.

Free repairs are available at Hyundai and Kia service centers.

I wonder if this will affect UK / EU builds as well

·
Registered
278 Posts
Will be interesting to see. If it is, I wonder whether start of production date or finishing date will be the important one. For example, my car was completed 29/1/17.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Power steering recall already issued for US market Niros. Stated could fail, amusing they describe it as "heavier" wheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is not a good start. And that it's happened back in 2015 to other models (Elantra and Sonata), one would think they would have corrected it for future cars. The fact that they still continue to have this same issue is worrisome. This has me really wondering if I should wait on the Ioniq until it's been out at least a year here in the US. I don't like the look of the Prius but they have been doing this longer and it is pretty refined at this point. All this new technology in cars is really becoming an issue it seems on new cars. Subaru Impreza which is redesigned for 2017 had issues right out of the gate. Infotainment and battery. Same as a lot of these new cars. They put cheap batteries in them to begin with. Thank goodness most issue are software related and can be fixed readily.

I'm starting to think going back to the old days when you can fix your own car it best to some degree. But technology like all things comes with good and bad I guess.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Will be interesting to see. If it is, I wonder whether start of production date or finishing date will be the important one. For example, my car was completed 29/1/17.
Just curious... how do you find this information? I remember with my old Focus I registered on the Ford ETIS site... is there similar for Hyundai?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts