Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you mean with shipping? The WT trunk mat is $120 before shipping and Tuxmat doesn't charge shipping. Weathertech floor mats aren't out yet, they are probably going to be similarly priced as Tuxmat. Tuxmat hasn't released any of their mats yet.

I don't think any third party is going to make the extension trunk mats, at least I haven't been able to find a previous product from WT and Tuxmat that's similar to it. The German hyundai store is definitely the cheapest for whole coverage. I don't think it's worth it for the trunk extension alone, better to buy multiple items from them to take advantage of the shipping.
Yeah, you're right, I am not sure now where I was looking when I saw $159 for the weather tech trunk liner, I see the $120 one now. And I guess with the floor mats I was looking at a "trim to fit" version that was just labeled as working for Ioniq 5, not Ioniq 5 specific I guess---that must be what you mean by not out yet. Thanks for the info.

I pulled the trigger with the German Hyundai store.....yeah it just made sense to order it all from them!!

·
Registered
I5 LR RWD> RIP-Audi S4
505 Posts
I sent inquiry to the German option as well for total package price shipped to my US address, my next option is Tough Pro front & rear mats w trunk liner but no seat back liners. I would like Tuxmat but still not available and their solution does not cover entire front floor, but I do like the raised sills

·
Registered
I5 LR RWD> RIP-Audi S4
505 Posts
That's a pretty good price! MSRP is $255.25 CAD for the Front mats alone at Hyundai Canada. Rear mats are $224.17. For a total of $479.42. That was great negotiating down to $185 for both sets
I showed this thread to my dealer and bought the front and rears for $420 w tax, the discoount of 20% above is incorrect , it is more likely 30%, dealer told me they gave me at cost but I assume there is still some margin left. I was just about to place my order to the German Hyundai store that quoted me $297 euro shipped DHL premium for front & rear rubber Ioniq 5 mates w raised trunk liner and rear seatback rubber covers which attach via velcro. I may opt to just get the trunk liner locally once they have and skip rear seat back rubber covers. Ther German order would have been $405 cnd plus some duties I am sure and taxes of $56 so lets say $525. I saw the Tuxmats in a Tuscon, really wanted to get those but was not willing to wait longer

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue/Gray
313 Posts
I sent inquiry to the German option as well for total package price shipped to my US address, my next option is Tough Pro front & rear mats w trunk liner but no seat back liners. I would like Tuxmat but still not available and their solution does not cover entire front floor, but I do like the raised sills
What pictures did you see that shows it doesn't cover the entire front floor? I'm looking at the picture on their listing and it looks like it covers all of the front floor, a little bit under the front seats, and low lips due to the open design of our front row. This is the regular version without the sliding console.

·
Registered
I5 LR RWD> RIP-Audi S4
505 Posts
What pictures did you see that shows it doesn't cover the entire front floor? I'm looking at the picture on their listing and it looks like it covers all of the front floor, a little bit under the front seats, and low lips due to the open design of our front row. This is the regular version without the sliding console.

To me it looks like there will be a slight gap between the two front seats but perhaps not , its hard to tell based on the pics on their website. However for me does not matter I got the Hyundai oem ones toay, quality is great, they have some depth but not the raised sides like Tuxmat but I know they will work for me year round and fitment is great

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ther German order would have been $405 cnd plus some duties I am sure and taxes of $56 so lets say $525.
Out of pocket, for me in the US the German mats (including the trunk liner extension which I don't think anyone else has!) were $330 USD. It was delivered to my door without any extra duties or fees required.

They arrived wrapped in a roll with some of the edges of the cargo liner compressed into a bad position which left them deformed, as you can see in the picture. I'm hoping that time and heat will make them deform back into a nice looking shape, but I doubt it.

Hood Grille Automotive tire Wood Automotive design

Also, and I don't remember this being the case on my old Subaru, the trunk liner thing is pretty "sticky" when moving the back seat up and down. Fortunately for us we pretty much always have our car in "ski carrying" configuration with half the seat down and half up, but if I had to toggle often between seats up/seats down, this trunk liner extension would definitely get annoying, unless after a lot of use it starts to mold into a position that slides smoothly under the cargo liner.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Ultimate Johnny 5
398 Posts
That's a pretty good price! MSRP is $255.25 CAD for the Front mats alone at Hyundai Canada. Rear mats are $224.17. For a total of $479.42. That was great negotiating down to $185 for both sets
$185 was just for the front set(its the second line item on the receipt), I'm still waiting on the rear mats.
I showed this thread to my dealer and bought the front and rears for $420 w tax, the discoount of 20% above is incorrect , it is more likely 30%, dealer told me they gave me at cost but I assume there is still some margin left. I was just about to place my order to the German Hyundai store that quoted me $297 euro shipped DHL premium for front & rear rubber Ioniq 5 mates w raised trunk liner and rear seatback rubber covers which attach via velcro. I may opt to just get the trunk liner locally once they have and skip rear seat back rubber covers. Ther German order would have been $405 cnd plus some duties I am sure and taxes of $56 so lets say $525. I saw the Tuxmats in a Tuscon, really wanted to get those but was not willing to wait longer
Mark up on accessories is usually alot, figure at least 50%. The silly thing was when I was negotiating a final price for my car with the sales manager I simply wanted a 20% discount concession on the mats and hitch and it was like I was from Mars and I was asking him for his first born. Eventually I said F-it and just walked over to the parts department ordered the parts and got the discount from another person. It was a silly exercise but all was fine, lol.

Font Material property Parallel Receipt Paper

·
Registered
I5 Ultimate AWD Lucid Blue Pearl
243 Posts
I cancelled my order for the Tuxmats (since they're not available yet anyway) and went with "trim to fit" mats from Weathertech for the interim. The Hyundai mats are out of stock so I'll bide my time until Tuxmat get's their **** together.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts