Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,827 Posts
Looks like a great car , but at £65,000 and apparently £70 to fill the tank with hydrogen not exactly a money saver for the average Joe

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a great car , but at £65,000 and apparently £70 to fill the tank with hydrogen not exactly a money saver for the average Joe
Yes not to mention very few charge points in UK. But certainly a great looking car.

I think Hydrogen is where we will ultimately end up with cars for the foreseeable future.

·
Super Moderator
1,827 Posts
Yes not to mention very few charge points in UK. But certainly a great looking car.

I think Hydrogen is where we will ultimately end up with cars for the foreseeable future.
Last time I looked there were 14 hydrogen filling stations in the UK ( 7 in London ) .There are two within 20 miles of me listed , but I don't think they're for public use . Like the EV ,they need to sort out the infrastructure and price of the cars and I'd be surprised if I see that in the next 5 years ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is ONE hydrogen refueling site in Vancouver, and one in Ontario..... I guess I'll wait. And I thought EV recharging was rare in Canada!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wow, Telsa Bjørn really skewered hydrogen in this morning's video:

Bjørn Nyland: Why hydrogen is bs - part 2

Given the environmental penalties of hydrogen production by steam reformation and the inefficiencies of good old fashioned electrolysis, plus the burden of compression/refrigeration, it sure seems like just charging up a battery makes the most sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts