Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA ANNOUNCES NEW ?IONIQ UNLIMITED? SUBSCRIPTION-BASED OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE AT THE LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW

HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA ANNOUNCES NEW “IONIQ UNLIMITED” SUBSCRIPTION-BASED OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE AT THE LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW

New Subscription-based Ioniq Electric Vehicle Ownership Experience Creates a Truly Carefree and Affordable Means of Clean, Emissions-free Transportation

Negotiation-free Process includes One Monthly Installment for the Ioniq Electric, Unlimited Mileage, Electric Charging, Scheduled Maintenance and No Down Payment

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 16, 2016 – Today, Hyundai Motor America announced its new “Ioniq Unlimited” electric vehicle subscription-based ownership experience at the 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show. This innovative new ownership experience offers a truly worry-free means to drive Hyundai’s newest zero-emission, eco-focused vehicle, the 2017 Ioniq Electric. Ioniq Electric shoppers will be able to select one fixed payment that includes unlimited mileage, electric charging costs, scheduled maintenance, wear items and all typical purchase fees such as registration. The Ioniq Unlimited ownership experience begins availability in California in early 2017.

NEW OWNERSHIP EXPERIENCE
“We’re excited to offer Ioniq Unlimited as an innovative, worry-free means of clean, zero-emission vehicle ownership along with our new Ioniq Electric vehicle,” said Dean Evans, vice president of marketing, Hyundai Motor America. “This new ownership experience adds to the satisfaction of driving a no-compromise, clean vehicle with unlimited mileage and zero hidden costs. It was time to make clean vehicle ownership easy for everyone.”

Ioniq Unlimited, besides offering a negotiation-free single-payment method, offers an entirely new concept in vehicle ownership that eco-focused owners will appreciate. It includes a unique online buying experience, where customers can select their exact vehicle from their preferred dealer’s inventory, choose a 24- or 36-month term, and preview their all-inclusive monthly payment online. Once they complete a credit application and are approved, they go directly to the dealership to complete the purchase. Once at the dealer, there’s no haggling; just sign a few forms and drive away in an advanced emissions-free electric vehicle. Hyundai carefully designed the entire process to be the most transparent, stress-free and enjoyable ownership experience on the market today.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Today I stopped by the Hyundai dealership to inquire about the Ioniq. Now understand, this is a very successful dealership in a thriving community.

A saleswoman approached me immediately (I was impressed with that). I asked what is the latest on the Ioniq? She asked, what is an Ioniq? I called it the "Prius killer." She said never heard of it. Let's ask the sales manager. Same story. Never heard of it. He asked if it was a concept vehicle?

He had a computer on his desk, and I suggested he type in Ioniq. He did, and he and the saleswoman were completely fascinated. They were excited about the appearance, and then read about the 3 variations.

As I was leaving, I suggested they read up on the vehicle. They thanked me for tipping them off about the Ioniq.

If I were a salesman, I'd know everything there is to know about not only my product, but also my competition.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that I not a good impression, where the customer knows more than the sales staff

I must admit my dealer did "know" of it when I enquired back in June, but it was quickly apparent I was feeding them more information than they than they had access to internally.

But I have worked with them, they were up for me providing information and feeding back any information thy got through their dealership network

one thing that was apparent was the press releases I was getting information from were not making it to the dealer network

·
Registered
260 Posts
Today I stopped by the Hyundai dealership to inquire about the Ioniq. Now understand, this is a very successful dealership in a thriving community.

A saleswoman approached me immediately (I was impressed with that). I asked what is the latest on the Ioniq? She asked, what is an Ioniq? I called it the "Prius killer." She said never heard of it. Let's ask the sales manager. Same story. Never heard of it. He asked if it was a concept vehicle?

He had a computer on his desk, and I suggested he type in Ioniq. He did, and he and the saleswoman were completely fascinated. They were excited about the appearance, and then read about the 3 variations.

As I was leaving, I suggested they read up on the vehicle. They thanked me for tipping them off about the Ioniq.

If I were a salesman, I'd know everything there is to know about not only my product, but also my competition.
This is why I resent dealerships so much. I'd rather buy directly from their source and skip their big markup. Dealerships are a know-nothing rip-off middleman I can do without.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's almost April now, and Ioniq EVs are supposed to be in US showrooms by April, and yet there seems to be zero details from Hyundai about it's Ioniq Unlimited subscription since the initial press releases back in November. Are they still moving forward with this program? It seems that this would be one way for Hyundai to generate more interest in the Ioniq and distinguish the car from the other EVs on the market, so the lack of info is rather concerning.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Nice.. hopefully we can get the same in the UK.

My dealership knew everything about the car. I had the smoothest process and a 2 week turnaround from phone call to car delivered to my drive. And over christmas no less. The guys were emailing me the documents from home on New Year's Eve. Richmond Motor Group in Portsmouth if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's almost April now, and Ioniq EVs are supposed to be in US showrooms by April, and yet there seems to be zero details from Hyundai about it's Ioniq Unlimited subscription since the initial press releases back in November. Are they still moving forward with this program? It seems that this would be one way for Hyundai to generate more interest in the Ioniq and distinguish the car from the other EVs on the market, so the lack of info is rather concerning.
Last year I went to the NY Auto Show to see the Ioniq electric, and I was not disappointed. Now a year later, still no sign of them in the US dealers. This year's show is in about two weeks and I'm sure they will be there again. You have to wonder, do they ever plan to sell the electric models cars here? This is ridiculous. They were supposed to be out last fall!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Last year I went to the NY Auto Show to see the Ioniq electric, and I was not disappointed. Now a year later, still no sign of them in the US dealers. This year's show is in about two weeks and I'm sure they will be there again. You have to wonder, do they ever plan to sell the electric models cars here? This is ridiculous. They were supposed to be out last fall!
Maybe they weren't expecting the demand for the EV, and were focusing on competing with the Prius in the hybrid market? Apparently quite popular in Korea and then Europe as they rollled it out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Sales Manger I spoke to at one of my local dealerships (Myers Hyundai in Ottawa) - actually, the one who handed the keys to me - was very excited and interested in the car. This is basically a Tesla 3-light in a lot of ways.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now that the unlimited prices are out, I reached out to a rep for how the charging reimbursement works. It works by linking up to the blue link app which tracks you mileage then sends a report to hyundai to calculate the energy you've used to then credit that on your next bill.

So I guess it applies to all charging, regardless of charging network or location, it's just based on the kilowatt usage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts