Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of buying a Tesla Model 3,but after hearing about the Ioniq,I could change my mind,all depends of the all electric option range.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What range and power will have the all electric version? that's the only version I am interested in.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Matching Tesla's 200 mile range should be their target, if that wasn't it from launch it could be after launch with improvements made to the system ;

·
Registered
169 Posts
To be competitive, the ioniq will need to go 200 miles or more because the Chevy Bolt raised the standard for a affordable and long range all electric vehicle. I don't think Hyundai mentioned the range in their press release.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We'll know who is better this year because it's rumored that Tesla will reveal the Model 3 at the Geneva Motor Show. Supposed to be around $35,000 too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The model 3 will probably have the best styling,but I doubt it will be 35K,probably 50 to 55K IMHO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Then Tesla may lose out to the cheaper all electric models, mainly the Bolt. I'm sure there will be those who will go with Tesla just so they can own something of the brand but a larger portion would want something that can travel long distances at a affordable price.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Model 3 may be more expensive but it will also come with a nicer interior and features that will make it worth it. I think the Hyundai may be a good balance between the two though. And the design looks good too. Futuristic but not overly so.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It sure will but the main issue is price and its a Luxury. that's what Tesla's are luxurious EV's. Hyundai is targeting the lower end of the EV market that wants something entry-level, not top of the commuter car food chain. Ioniq does the job perfectly

·
Registered
87 Posts
The model 3 will probably have the best styling,but I doubt it will be 35K,probably 50 to 55K IMHO.
Tesla has specifically promised it is going to be priced around $35k. Even if it were more than that, pricing it $15k would be a suicidal price for the vehicle. That is, quite simply, not going to happen.

·
Registered
323 Posts
$35k is a good starting price even if in the end what most people end up spending is more than that out the door once fully spec'd out. I see it sort of like Apple products, people are willing to pay a bit more for them, same idea here and they see these the same way .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts