Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the paint options from the Korean Hyundai site. I have no idea what they are called but it does give us an idea of what paint options will be available globally.

Additional paint option for electric model only.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lol, the grey colors are just a tiny bit different in terms of shading. I don't really see the point with so many greys but the Ioniq does look great in the more special colors like blue, orange, chocolate and even the odd EV shade.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Ioniq really does photograph well. I'm anxious to see the actual product.

I'm not too excited about the color selection personally. Living in the "high desert" dark colors are not my favorite. My current wheels, which I will keep, is white. I am not sure I want two white vehicles.

OTOH, and decisions on my part are a long ways off.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had wondered why manufacturers offer so many grays as opposed to yellow or orange or green. Then I saw a poll result on the 10th gen Civic forum and all the sedan guys favored--wait for it...gray.

ugh

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well I was not asked, and would not have voted for gray.

I really like Toyota's pearl white, but I already have one. As I drive around town, I see several reds that rally appeal to me. It a deep metallic red, almost like "candy apple red" You can guess how old I am with that statement.

I rally dislike the oranges, the "baby-poop green" or yellow or whatever color that is. I could go for a metallic silver.

I really like black, but it is out of the question in the desert west. My favorite colors to this day that I ever owned was a 1956 Ford Victoria 2 door hardtop, 2 tone, peacock blue and white.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't read the paint names so the white you see could very well be Pearl white. Too bad they didn't have red since that seems to be one of the more popular color these days but maybe they'll have special paints for the global market outside of Korea. Up until now, my cars have been the usual silver and white so some variety in my live would be great.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Starting to think that in black it looks like an Audi, at night this will be even more true since there will be that much less of the car you'll be able to see. Too bad Hyundai didn't style the headlights any different and the way they meet the grille.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If I was in the Porsche market, I'd consider yellow. But not in my eco hybrid 4 door sedan.

I own a BMW Z3 that is bright red. Beautiful. But inappropriate for "eco hybrid 4 door sedan."

·
Registered
55 Posts
We'll just have to wait for the international build pages to go up or when the dealerships get paint samples. Sometimes colors look better in real life than on the screen.

Does Hyundai have their own iconic color?

·
Registered
323 Posts
While we won't see full build pages up right away, what we might see is some incremental release of information. But even that I will be in for seeing and will keep me happy enough while waiting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts