Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

https://www.hyundai.news/eu/models/hyundai-ioniq-one-of-europes-most-decorated-cars/

• Recognised for its outstanding safety package, an athletic design, its handling characteristics and practicality in everyday life, the IONIQ won a variety ‘Car of the Year’ titles across Europe
  • With a maximum five-star safety rating Euro NCAP awarded the IONIQ as Best-in-Class car of 2016 in the Small Family Car category
  • IONIQ is the world’s first eco-friendly car to offer hybrid, plug-in hybrid and all-electric powertrains in a single body type
3 February 2017 - Winning thirteen prestigious European accolades, Hyundai Motor’s IONIQ is now one of the most decorated cars on the continent.
The world’s first car to offer a choice of three alternative powertrains in one body type received amongst others several ‘Car of the Year’ titles across Europe and a five-star Euro NCAP rating in recognition of its outstanding overall performance, design, safety and sustainability.
IONIQ rewarded across Europe

Hyundai’s award-winning car has been decorated for its overall performance in several European countries. Amongst others, the IONIQ was named Car of the Year 2017 in Norway, beating 31 competitors. According to the jury, the IONIQ outperformed competitors on all test criteria and offers excellent cost effectiveness. The IONIQ Electric was also named Car of the Year 2017 in Sweden, where its handling characteristics, appealing design, attractive price and general practicality in everyday situations were acclaimed. In France, the IONIQ Hybrid won the ‘Car of the Year’ title awarded by the French car magazine L’Argus. The jury, consisting of 23 journalists of L‘Argus magazine, appointed the IONIQ is due to its design, spaciousness, and the high quality of its driving and safety assistance equipment. Furthermore, it was voted Family Car of the Year 2017 by the mobility organisation VAB in Belgium. With a total of 180 points, the IONIQ left its competitors far behind. In the Czech Republic IONIQ was named Green Car of the Year 2017. In Switzerland, the IONIQ occupied third place in the rankings for the Swiss Car of the Year 2017 and second place as Switzerland’s Greenest Car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ioniq Electric is officially the greenest car in the world, if production and driving are taken into account, i.e. the closed loop. It's in Swedish but I guess that you can read the list. The Hybrid is not on the list though, as they are only listing the best performing version of the same model - and as they are all called Ioniq, the EV will be the only listed one.
2nd place went to i3 and third place to the Prius hybrid. Interesting to see is that Prius Prime (PHEV) was quite far away from the top.

http://www.mestmotor.se/recharge/artiklar/nyheter/20170216/hyundai-ioniq-ar-gronaste-bilen-i-ny-undersokning-mercedes-g-klass-smutsigast/

·
Registered
64 Posts
Starting to win accolades already in the US as well! Topped the BMW i3 for greenest vehicle in ranking by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE).

·
Registered
843 Posts
Well apparently Hyundai make the interior trim panels using sugar cane and volcanic rock - bet BMW don't do that! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts