Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the ioniq electric does this head unit gives the cars information like the 7 and 8 inch version or is this just a radio/cd player with bluetooth?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Depends on model & region.
My UK premium SE is Satnav, radio, media, EV info & settings, apple CarPlay and so on.

·
Registered
Marina Blue HEV Ltd IONIQ from 25 Jul '17
1,863 Posts
went to the dealer today and the answer is no it just a touchscreen radio with bluetooth
Hi Jeremy,

Sorry no one on here was able to provide you with a quick answer and your thread seemed to get lost in the shuffle. We are normally quite a helpful bunch.

For answers to future questions, please add your location to your profile, by clicking on your avatar in the upper right and choosing Account Settings. This is an international forum and cars vary greatly from region to region and a I think the majority of regions don't have the 4.3" infotainment unit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jeremy,

Sorry no one on here was able to provide you with a quick answer and your thread seemed to get lost in the shuffle. We are normally quite a helpful bunch.

For answers to future questions, please add your location to your profile, by clicking on your avatar in the upper right and choosing Account Settings. This is an international forum and cars vary greatly from region to region and a I think the majority of regions don't have the 4.3" infotainment unit.
can it be upgraded with the 8inch infotainment?

·
Registered
Marina Blue HEV Ltd IONIQ from 25 Jul '17
1,863 Posts
I imagine it might be possible...No idea of cost, but likely expensive.

Also, I think there is a post on here somewhere where somebody tried doing it themselves, but found the full connections did not exist for the upgraded system.

Also please don't forget to add your location as described in my previous post. It does not have to be specific. Just country name will do. But it will help others provide you with perhaps more detailed answers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey, Bro are you in club-Ioniq-TT? there is also a group for electric models.
also, it can be upgraded as per a UK member in the group who upgraded his but only to the 7" version as the 8" requires the infinity external amplifier and a wiring conversion harness.
I want to the 7" but I'm a hybrid, not the full electric.
I don't understand why massy decided to order the cars without at least the 7" unit with android auto when the accents were coming with a better head unit smh.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Depends on model & region.
My UK premium SE is Satnav, radio, media, EV info & settings, apple CarPlay and so on.
I think you'll find that s the Premium SE not the basic SE. It only has Bluetooth and DAB/FM/AM radio and the ability to play music from the flash drive or your phone. You can't connect Android Auto or Car Plan.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Upgraded mine to the 7" screen just need the parts for the USB aux port to change and ill have AA and CP.

·
Registered
74 Posts
As an aside to the upgrade path, when you had the basic 4" one, did the radio or USB volume decrease when you were reversing the closer you got to whatever was behind you? Mine doesn't yet every other car I have had with reversing warning automatically decreased the volume then switched it of when you got too close.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As an aside to the upgrade path, when you had the basic 4" one, did the radio or USB volume decrease when you were reversing the closer you got to whatever was behind you? Mine doesn't yet every other car I have had with reversing warning automatically decreased the volume then switched it of when you got too close.
don't remember I remember tho that in reverse the radio or music volume was lower on the whole.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes it can be upgraded to the 8" unit
you just have more parts to buy If you want to go that route for navigation etc. if u just want apple car play or android auto better to do 7" screen.
send some pics of the infotainment in the ioniq group if u there @jeremy plz..ty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts