·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Premium SE PHEV
180 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thank you. I thought the launch video was something of a disappointment. It was all about internal comfort etc, and we have not much idea about how it drives.
It's a great looking car in my opinion. I note that the charging connector is now back right (not front left).

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's a cute little pony though
I have a dodgy back and I'm a little worried about front seat support for the driver. The interior looks more like an Executive lounge in an Airport rather than a motor car.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
261 Posts
Not sure about the crease in the side. Looks like it's been in an accident.

Reactions: siggesnok

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wish they’d make an even better Ioniq hybrid with better MPG and a more futuristic look with bigger battery but still can use gasoline

·
Registered
5 Posts
Compared to my 2017 Hybrid the interior is light years ahead and very futuristic and it's amazing to see the advances that are being made as the automotive industry fully embraces full electric. BUT, is it just me, or does the back of the car looks like Austin Princess my grandad had in 1981.

·
Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
124 Posts
Wish they’d make an even better Ioniq hybrid with better MPG and a more futuristic look with bigger battery but still can use gasoline
In USA it's known as the Chevrolet Volt Mk2, sadly never introduced to Europe. We do have the Volt Mk1, sold over here as Ampera, I've had 60 miles out of mine but that was a very, very slow, special test. I quite often get 50 in summer without having to try too hard! And the Volt Mk2 gets even better range, believe,

The tech is these is definitely superior to any Phev produced since 2012, because it's a proper EV with petrol-assist, not the half-hearted bodge you get by starting with conventional petrol car & adding electric complexity.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like the external aesthetics, but i hate the flat dash, its as if you are at work looking at a computer screen.

Reactions: andersmo

·
Super Moderator
1,702 Posts
Has anyone seen pictures with the white color on the First Edition?
We have started to doubt between black and white.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Premium Plus
414 Posts
I like the external aesthetics, but i hate the flat dash, its as if you are at work looking at a computer screen.
I think that this car has several design elements which puts an otherwise excellent car to shame. It's not quite as ugly as the "45" concept car, but far from beautiful to my mind.
  • On the outside, I dislike the small squares that make up the rear lights, the sharp diagonal lines across the doors, and the gap between its "front teeth". Was the designer a fan of Terry-Thomas?
  • On the inside, the flat computer-like dash.
Does anyone know when Kia will present its corresponding vehicle? Lets hope that their offering will be much prettier.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts