·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #163

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks!!!!

At the header i saw that there are possible to install additional apps to the head unit. Say me please, it is hard with this new update ? For example can i upload Youtube ? I have CarPlay, and sure without jailbrake it could not be possible to install something.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Thanks!!!!

At the header i saw that there are possible to install additional apps to the head unit. Say me please, it is hard with this new update ? For example can i upload Youtube ? I have CarPlay, and sure without jailbrake it could not be possible to install something.
forget that. Not possible . What you need is this from AliExpress ;)

I have ordered mine

·
Registered
72 Posts
forget that. Not possible . What you need is this from AliExpress ;)

I have ordered mine

almost 300 usd,omg. SimilarUsb dongles usually cost about 20-40 usd, sure they could work with lags , but not 300, especially if you already have CarPlay and just want to stream movie when you park, not only from flash Usb drive.

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
116 Posts
I did think this was a bit expensive too, but looks like they are the only ones doing it or one of a very few, so they obviously feel they can charge a premium. I would expect the price to come down if more come into the market place.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
almost 300 usd,omg. SimilarUsb dongles usually cost about 20-40 usd, sure they could work with lags , but not 300, especially if you already have CarPlay and just want to stream movie when you park, not only from flash Usb drive.
mine costed me 200 usd. basically what i need it for is movies, tv, music streaming, some little gamign, maybe emulator. the movie and tv while driving long trip with the kids, and they can watch.
the gaming, while charging., etc. its endless options when you can download and install anything from google playstore.

regarding your comment on 20-40 usd dongle. you are talking about a wireless dongle. this box here is a full blown android device on your car. its a great thing. looking forward to get it, i will be making a review.

·
Registered
72 Posts
mine costed me 200 usd. basically what i need it for is movies, tv, music streaming, some little gamign, maybe emulator. the movie and tv while driving long trip with the kids, and they can watch.
the gaming, while charging., etc. its endless options when you can download and install anything from google playstore.

regarding your comment on 20-40 usd dongle. you are talking about a wireless dongle. this box here is a full blown android device on your car. its a great thing. looking forward to get it, i will be making a review.
Now understang. This wireless dongle only to make Wireless CarPlay or Android Auto. I was seing some review and it terrible delaying with operation. Interesting about this for 200-300.
This MMB device the best ?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Now understang. This wireless dongle only to make Wireless CarPlay or Android Auto. I was seing some review and it terrible delaying with operation. Interesting about this for 200-300.
This MMB device the best ?
I have been researching this for many weeks now. for now there is mmb box 200 usd. 2gb/16gb rom. or 4gb/32gb rom. android 7.0
then there is a 400 usd version , with highere performance and android 9.0
however the 200 usd version which is called carplay box ai. supposedly going to be upgraded to android 9.0 in few months. I have seen many videos, from different review.. most of then positive.
Beware of fake android 9.0 mmb box too. since they write their own firmware, then can easily write in 9.0 in setting. but the kernel is still 7.0 or 7.1.

but this device is getting some hype now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hy @SonicSpinner, you were so kind to (re)upload a couple of times the files. Could you do that again? I've parsed the whole thread but all previous links expired.
Much appreciated!
Bogdan
Ionic HEV Apr 2020 (10.25", no BlueLink)

·
Registered
Ioniq Hybrid 2020 38,8 Kw Wide screen
5 Posts
Thanks Sonic for your reply.
I tried the reset hole as suggested but no avail, got the same settings without change, how long I have to press it.
See what I said, in the two pictures.
I don´t know what else i can do, without going back to the dealer.
Thanks
Sorry Sonic for being a little anxious.
All attempts failed, is there any way, of your knowledge, to reinstall the latest upgrade.
Thanks and all my considerations to your cooperation.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Sorry Sonic for being a little anxious.
All attempts failed, is there any way, of your knowledge, to reinstall the latest upgrade.
Thanks and all my considerations to your cooperation.
Did you try, redownload and unpack the files again on a usb drive. then insert it into the car. and go to the system info page and press update.
onthe 28.8 model, it will ask,. your software is allready up to date. do you wish to continue. and we can press yes. and it will " reinstall " the whole thing again.
i dont know if the 38.8 model like yours can do too.

another thing you can try is: engineering mode. where you have some backend access. and maybe there is a reset option. or other setting.

try method 1 first. if that doesnt work, then write to me in private i will invite you to a Ioniqdev channel on TELEGRAM-. there is a spanish guy, who knows how to get into the engineering menu in the 38.8 ioniq model

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
It’s uploaded in from smash now . But the link will be ready tomorrow around 21:00
If you know a place to upload 22 gb without waiting time and for free, let me know and I can upload tonight

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s uploaded in from smash now . But the link will be ready tomorrow around 21:00
If you know a place to upload 22 gb without waiting time and for free, let me know and I can upload tonight
Thanks!
I am not aware of any service like that.
So, let’s wait till the link will be available. By the way, for how long is smash keeping the link available?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 193 Posts