Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FL Ioniq Hybrid
8 Posts
Hey there
I don’t know if that can help someone but you can perform the update with an external HDD/SSD.
I couldn’t find a large enough USB stick so I tried with 256Gb SATA SSD in an external enclosure I had laying around and it’s performing the update as I’m writing this message

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Hey there
I don’t know if that can help someone but you can perform the update with an external HDD/SSD.
I couldn’t find a large enough USB stick so I tried with 256Gb SATA SSD in an external enclosure I had laying around and it’s performing the update as I’m writing this message
Hehe Well done. Did you have private files and folders in the hdd too? Or just the updates

·
Registered
2019 FL Ioniq Hybrid
8 Posts
Didn’t tried with other files on it, I had freshly formatted it.
next time, I’ll try with stuff on it

now I’m guessing how to go in dealer or engineering mode under the newest UI as menu are slightly different everywhere

·
Registered
Ioniq Hybrid 2020 38,8 Kw Wide screen
5 Posts
never heard of that..

1. tried the small reset hole?

2. try reinstall the same fw. downlod from my link . extract it on a fat 32 usb drive.
insert it to the car. go to the setting and push update
Thanks Sonic for your reply.
I tried the reset hole as suggested but no avail, got the same settings without change, how long I have to press it.
See what I said, in the two pictures.
I don´t know what else i can do, without going back to the dealer.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
no actually, a small device connected to the front usb port under the headunit, and you wil lhave full android 7.0 "mediabox". and you can have all the apps you want running, like its part of the car.
movies, iptv, tv, games, etc etc-
Hi Sonic, any news about that? :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Hi Sonic, any news about that? :)
hey buddy! i am one of the unlucky who got the slow a** transportation. :( so no, still not much movement from the transit.
and yea the video below shows it.
when i get it i will review it on my ioniq ev. with apps, and also with navi, and maybe with evnotify live data etc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi to all,
I have IONIQ Hybrid 2020 with 10.25" display. I have first version of multimedia software without Bluelink. Is it possible for me also to update this software ? This software the same as my wife had on new Hyundai i20 MY21 with bluelink.

I was calling to the dealer and ask about possibilities to update my software to new one like this, they said that will be not possible. But now i see that it is possible, Only thing i see at description that update for EV and PHEV. But what about HEV ?

What i have now, see attachment.

·
Registered
125 Posts
@icebreak Bluelink requires the vehicle to be fitted with a mobile data modem and SIM Card so it can communicate with the BlueLink server. It also requires Hyundai to have a contract with a mobile phone (data) provider in your country. If your car does not have this hardware, and/or if there is no such arrangement in place with a phone network, no software update will magically enable it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
@icebreak Bluelink requires the vehicle to be fitted with a mobile data modem and SIM Card so it can communicate with the BlueLink server. It also requires Hyundai to have a contract with a mobile phone (data) provider in your country. If your car does not have this hardware, and/or if there is no such arrangement in place with a phone network, no software update will magically enable it.
I think he means software update only. ?
I don’t think he’s asking if it’s possible to enable blue link. ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Exactly, the question was, is it possible this update to install at my IONIQ 2020 hybrid with 10.25 inch display.

As i understand there are only pink theme ? :)
Interesting if i will dissapear of this update, is it possible to downgrade ? I was call to my friend yesterday , he is working at local dealer of Hyundai and i ask about software. He said that warranty will not lose but if something goes bad with isntallation sure they will take money for recovering multimedia.
And also i cant understand if i install this new version, how i will install new maps updates in future ? Also manualy from this forum ? Or it will be possible via official dealer with this new version ?

Considering Bluelink: I dont need it. I install at my car Pandect security system and via App i can start engine and other things. At Bluelink i dont know why, but at my wifes car i20, not possible to start engine, only see status and open/close doors.

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Exactly, the question was, is it possible this update to install at my IONIQ 2020 hybrid with 10.25 inch display.

As i understand there are only pink theme ? :)
Interesting if i will dissapear of this update, is it possible to downgrade ? I was call to my friend yesterday , he is working at local dealer of Hyundai and i ask about software. He said that warranty will not lose but if something goes bad with isntallation sure they will take money for recovering multimedia.
And also i cant understand if i install this new version, how i will install new maps updates in future ? Also manualy from this forum ? Or it will be possible via official dealer with this new version ?

Considering Bluelink: I dont need it. I install at my car Pandect security system and via App i can start engine and other things. At Bluelink i dont know why, but at my wifes car i20, not possible to start engine, only see status and open/close doors.

Thanks in advanced!
yes you can easily update from the link here.
This files here contain software and map on one package. Usually the dealer has to offer free updates as long as the car is still under warranty.
then there are those who missed the updates from the dealer , then people do it on their own.
Some Hyundai dealer says self update is void of warranty and some say no, like your friend. So yea , there you go :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
yes you can easily update from the link here.
This files here contain software and map on one package. Usually the dealer has to offer free updates as long as the car is still under warranty.
then there are those who missed the updates from the dealer , then people do it on their own.
Some Hyundai dealer says self update is void of warranty and some say no, like your friend. So yea , there you go :)
great. Thanks. What about downgrade ? Is it possible if it will appears some problems ?
It is official version as I understand ? Interesting that this version as I understand stays on new car , but my Ioniq for example 2020 year and I have previous version on look like display.

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
116 Posts
My Ioniq is going in for its first service on Wednesday. I'll be asking the dealership to update to latest version. If they don't do it, I'll be doing it myself!

Dealerships have got a hard time ahead with more electric cars moving to OTA updates as time goes on. If they continued to drag their heels with simple things like software, they are just driving more nails into their own coffin. How long before more manufacturers move to an online sales model and dealerships turn into tyres and body shop repair centres because there was nothing left to service?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
great. Thanks. What about downgrade ? Is it possible if it will appears some problems ?
It is official version as I understand ? Interesting that this version as I understand stays on new car , but my Ioniq for example 2020 year and I have previous version on look like display.
Downgrade not possible for us normal human beings. Only the devs know how. And it’s latest and official version yes.
I have seen many newly purchased ionias with old software. The dealers simply don’t wanna “waste” their time on it.
Luckily from the next ioniq 5 updates will be OTA .

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
My Ioniq is going in for its first service on Wednesday. I'll be asking the dealership to update to latest version. If they don't do it, I'll be doing it myself!

Dealerships have got a hard time ahead with more electric cars moving to OTA updates as time goes on. If they continued to drag their heels with simple things like software, they are just driving more nails into their own coffin. How long before more manufacturers move to an online sales model and dealerships turn into tyres and body shop repair centres because there was nothing left to service?
Good luck. And if they don’t know how to do it, you know where to find the files ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maybe someone can post videos or pictures from Ioniq upgrades?
Exactly , you are right 100%. Dealership said , - our distributor from Finland don’t give us any new version, so sorry. Only updates and bug fixes for current version which you have.
Strange that this is official version and no possible to change color theme.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts