Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

81 - 100 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Hybrid
18 Posts
I don't follow. People are saying the 3 panel view is gone, but I see it in your 4th pic. Generally I like the 3 panel view to show nav, battery, radio. Is that still possible after updating?
I think that's just two panels; the Electric Vehicle panel (which itself has two different display areas) and the weather (as a side panel)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't follow. People are saying the 3 panel view is gone, but I see it in your 4th pic. Generally I like the 3 panel view to show nav, battery, radio. Is that still possible after updating?
The customisable 3 panel Home screen is now gone, home is replaced with the 1st image above. The 1 you see with the 3 panes isn't the same, its the EV screen which is split into 3 parts, the right hand panel here can be changed.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Electric
47 Posts
Did this update at least bring heated seat control to the phone app’s climate control?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there anyway of just updating the maps to the latest rather than the whole UI? Looking at those screenshots i'd rather avoid but mapping is out of date even on my 1 week old car! My house doesn't even exist and its been built for nearly 3 years!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Is there anyway of just updating the maps to the latest rather than the whole UI? Looking at those screenshots i'd rather avoid but mapping is out of date even on my 1 week old car! My house doesn't even exist and its been built for nearly 3 years!
Not possible :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Photos of new UI as promised.
Why the **** do you need to have the weather on the homescreen? Surely you can see out the car windows! :rolleyes:

Going to hold off upgrading for now, hopefully Hyundai come to their senses and have a rethink, I'll stick with using google maps/waze for now!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why the **** do you need to have the weather on the homescreen? Surely you can see out the car windows! :rolleyes:

Going to hold off upgrading for now, hopefully Hyundai come to their senses and have a rethink, I'll stick with using google maps/waze for now!
Yeah I don't like it either. The one thing I wanted from an update was a fix for Android Auto not taking up the whole screen, or at the very least an option to put something useful on the unused 1/3 of the screen! The update doesn't fix that, even though it's fixed in other regions. The update also adds stuff I don't really care about (e.g. useless home screen, user profiles, updated maps) and makes other things worse (e.g. radio UI, actually useful 3-panel home screen is gone).

I wouldn't hold your breath on them going back to the old UI, it'll likely stay like this for the duration of support. Maybe if Google Maps vastly improves support for EVs and charging points the head unit's UI will be less of an issue since I wouldn't be using it much!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wow! I didn't realise it was possible to update this ourselves in the UK. That's great news...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Has anyone figured out a way to install 3rd party apps on the Ioniq?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Not possible on 2020. They are running Linux OS. Now. But there are alternativesz I’m getting my “alternative” next week then I will post. A video
By alternative do you mean another head unit or different OS?

81 - 100 of 157 Posts