·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #183

·
Registered
Ioniq Hybrid Prime my20
2 Posts
With new firmware it's no longer possible to change the order of favourite radio stations.
Does anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
116 Posts
My Ioniq is going in for its first service on Wednesday. I'll be asking the dealership to update to latest version. If they don't do it, I'll be doing it myself!
Ok so of course the Dealership didn't bother to update the software and maps during its service. I got a text with a link to a video where they checked the tire depth and brakepad wear, about 60 seconds long. That was it!!!

So just updated it myself tonight with no issues. I like the new profiles. Again I'm disappointed they haven't sorted out full screen on AA or at least let you have the side card with charge info etc. But apart from that it is pretty nice. I never really bothers having the 3-way split screen so that doesn't bother me. I do understand why people don't like the new radio interface. That menu button is way too small to get to the list of stations. Even the favourite buttons are a bit small. And why have they gone for the old valve retro look in a new car filled with tech?? It's not exactly the Honda-e which tries to look retro.

However, over all I like the update and don't regret doing it. Hope Hyundai will listen to feedback and improve it over time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Sonicspinner, do you have any idea of when next firmware update may go out(March?) and any hints of improvements? Some rumors were talking about fixing Android auto display... many thanks again!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Where do we get one of these? :oops:
i got mine from aliexpress. just search for carplay box ai. make sure to get it from a high rated seller.
important notes:

• sellers who claims this box has andorid 9.0 is fake. it only comes with android 7.0. however there is a bigbrother of this box, costs the double and has many wires to be connected, not worth it.
  • the cons i have noted so far. the buiiltin bluetooth is so and so. when getting calls , the sound can be distored sometimes.
  • the builtin bluetooth is locked to phone connection only. i have purchased a usb bluetooth dongle which i have connected to the box. with this i can connect other accessories.
  • youtube app, i notice a very very small audio/video desync. however when i testet this on another car, hyundai i10. there were no delay at all. movie apps, and netflix. has like 0.005 ms audio video desync. barely noticable.

·
Registered
2021 Ioniq BEV Premium Fiery Red
7 Posts
i got mine from aliexpress. just search for carplay box ai. make sure to get it from a high rated seller.
important notes:

• sellers who claims this box has andorid 9.0 is fake. it only comes with android 7.0. however there is a bigbrother of this box, costs the double and has many wires to be connected, not worth it.
  • the cons i have noted so far. the buiiltin bluetooth is so and so. when getting calls , the sound can be distored sometimes.
  • the builtin bluetooth is locked to phone connection only. i have purchased a usb bluetooth dongle which i have connected to the box. with this i can connect other accessories.
  • youtube app, i notice a very very small audio/video desync. however when i testet this on another car, hyundai i10. there were no delay at all. movie apps, and netflix. has like 0.005 ms audio video desync. barely noticable.
That looks really handy. Do I need it? NO, do I want it? YES haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update with my experience doing the update just over a month ago. Please read to the end for my option if it's worth doing.

One or two worrying moments, but the biggest issue was the time it took. the biggest thing is it will turn your infotainment centre very blue, now I like it, but some may not. I had added some pictures so you can take a look (as others have too). The thing I miss is the old start screen with the three 'apps', i.e. Radio, Map and EV battery, this is replaced with a single start screen. I chose the middle option which I think was the normal update. Frist thing is to make sure you are running on the main battery, not the small one, this really means turning on car with your foot on the brake peddle, but leaving your car in 'Park', just a side note I have a 2020 full EV car. I used a 32GB USB stick formatted to FAT32 (if your not sure what this is, it's the normal format new USB stick have). My car detected the update and gave me the option to upgrade, but if yours does not, try looking on the menu for the update option.

This was before the update:

The first thing it does is to check the files are correct and not corrupted,
IMG_20210128_205619.jpg

After this finishes you then need to do the update, this was the point of no return, I had my fingers and toes crossed at this point.
IMG_20210128_200710.jpg

This is the bit that took soooooo long, once or twice I wanted to stop it or reboot the car. I thought it was stuck once or twice, but just let it finish.

After about an hour the car system will reboot and you will be met with a new (very blue) start screen, I did not take a photo of the setup, but it just asks you to configure a drivers profile, you can have two and a guest. One of the biggest issues I had at this point was my phone number for the BlueLink account, I did work it out in the end, when it asks for your mobile number you need to add two more 44's to it, i.e. +444475xxxxxxxx, this did throw me for a while.

The new start screen:

Now the screens match the cars blue lighting scheme better,

New setup icons:

The map screens are in my opinion not as nice as the standard ones, but after a bit of fiddling with the settings, I got this,

Day time:

Night time:

The radio screen is much different to:

it's a bit boring really.

So was it worth it, I think so, well for me at lest. I think having the latest software patches is a must with such computerised cars, I have heard of some cars being 'hacked' and people can switch off parts of the cars systems, so yes, I am happy.

But (and this is a big but), if it goes wrong you will have a very big paper weight on your drive, that you might have to pay a lot of money to get it working again. I see that insurance company's have added clauses to there documents that will not to cover firmware and software updates not done by the main dealers. So if you want the latest updates and none of the hassle, make you dealer do them for you.

I hope this helps some of you out there....

Technical Chap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks!
I am not aware of any service like that.
So, let’s wait till the link will be available. By the way, for how long is smash keeping the link available?
Thanks.
Hi @BogdanMoldovan , did you manage to update?
I am curious if you have hotspot enabled for maps or if the update brought you the bluelink head unit app / or even connectivity with Bluelink from the phone,

Thanks!

181 - 193 of 193 Posts