Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.hyundai.news/eu/technol...evelopment-of-connected-car-operating-system/

Hyundai Motor’s independently-developed ccOS (connected car Operating System) will bring advanced integrated technologies to customers
Powerful ccOS software platform will provide security and data management for a multitude of connected car services
Hyundai Motor plans to connect cars to customer’s lives with the launch of a ‘Hyper-connected Intelligent Car’ in 2020

Installed at the heart of the vehicle, ccOS will control and operate the key aspects of connected car infrastructure; In-Vehicle Framework, Infotainment Framework and Connectivity Framework, to ensure connected cars can adapt to new innovations in safety, comfort, convenience and security.

so this looks like it will separate multimedia / phone connectivity / security from the CanBus used for engine / vehicle operation this is good as there will be less risk of hijack of the car systems

·
Registered
66 Posts
Please let the new tech enable early morning pre-heating/de-icing for hybrids (using the traction battery charge) *fingers crossed*

Not everyone has a fancy electric car, or the ability to charge one, And I would be willing to give up a stealthy exit in the morning (it can't be louder than my diesel!) if I was able to jump into a luke-warm cabin with only slush (not ice) on the windscreens :D

All they'd have to check is that the car is in park, handbrake is on and <25% in the battery.
(And install an electric heater to preform the task if there isn't one already fitted)

But a lot can change by 2020! Good to see they are focusing on the long game though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts