Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
full story at
Automaker Hyundai begins developing plans for electric car infrastructure
THE electric car competition heats up even further with the entry of Hyundai Motor Co. into the game. The Korean automaker announced they are in the process of developing the first dedicated architecture to produce its own electric vehicles.

An executive at the company noted they intend to produce models that will be able to compete with market-dominant Tesla and other offerings in what is becoming an increasingly populated market.

The move is a marked detour from Hyundai’s previous stance as champion of fuel-cell vehicles. This also might signal the company is facing increased pressure from its investors to begin competing in what some might view as the next battlefield for automobiles.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Yay!!
How ironic that it's car companies that are leading the first major steps in climate change and renewables while governments deny the need and continue with fossil fuels. Madness.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Maybe motor manufacturers and BigOil are admitting that fossil fuels will run out one day , whereas electricity can always be generated .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yay!!
How ironic that it's car companies that are leading the first major steps in climate change and renewables while governments deny the need and continue with fossil fuels. Madness.
To be fair though, I think the manufacturers are reacting to a) government emissions regulations, especially those from the EU and China/Asia, since the US ones are now in jeopardy, and b) Tesla.

So good on the car companies who are actually moving on this, and I'm really happy that they are. They just needed a little nudge from governments. And Tesla. Which also wouldn't be possible if it weren't for the California CARB system that forces manufacturers to make zero emissions vehicles, or buy credits from companies like Tesla if they don't.

I think maybe it's primarily the UK, US and Russian govts who are denying the need right now. I just hope that the experts saying that those govts can't stop the renewables and EV revolutions are correct!

Update:

I guess that's how the system is supposed to work, the govt sets the rules, and then the free market figures out the solutions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts