Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HYUNDAI ADDS BLUE LINK SKILL FOR AMAZON ALEXA

HYUNDAI ADDS BLUE LINK SKILL FOR AMAZON ALEXA

Hyundai Owners Can Use Amazon Echo Voice Commands to Control Car from Home

Commands Include: Remote Start, Climate Control, Remote Door Lock/Unlock,
Remote Electric/PHEV charging, Remote Horn/Lights

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Nov. 15, 2016 – Hyundai becomes the first mainstream automaker to connect cars with homes using Amazon Echo and its new Blue Link® skill for Amazon Alexa. Starting today, Hyundai owners have the convenience of locking, unlocking and remote starting their vehicles from the comfort of their couch, kitchen or bedroom using voice commands. The new Blue Link skill for Amazon Alexa is available across Alexa-enabled devices and Hyundai vehicles equipped with the second generation of Blue Link.

At home, a Hyundai owner can experience interactions like these:
Owner: “Alexa, ask Blue Link to start charging my IONIQ.”
Alexa: “Request for remote charging your IONIQ has been sent.”
Owner: “Alexa, tell Blue Link to start my car at 80 degrees.”
Alexa: “Request for remote starting your car with climate control has been sent.”
Owner: “Alexa, ask Blue Link to lock my Santa Fe.”
Alexa: “Request for remote locking your Santa Fe has been sent.”

hmm, with all the high level hacking lately, i'm not sure I would like that level of integration

I like the idea, but just concerned about the security

I can see potential for battery to be remotely drained, what happens if a burglar gets in sees the echo and knows about the commands and gets alexa to unlock your car?

am I being too paranoid? or do others think the same, "I like the idea BUT"

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love the idea of Blue Link, particularly the ability to control my car from an Apple Watch. I don't have an apple watch, but it's a pretty fun reason to get one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts