Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1121 - 1136 of 1136 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
IMG_20200703_084224.jpg

Delivery method. Arrived with 9 miles. Was concerned they were going to drive it up and end up with a couple of hundred miles. Interesting they mentioned they wouldn't do that with an electric car at that distance :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The issue is that there is nothing on offer here for anyone that likes the act of driving. The steering is just too numb for that. In sport it sort of firms up, but it's more like a stiffer rubber band has been thrown on the steering, it is just artificial. My Golf Mk7 is so much better in that respect. Yes, it's an eco car, but I'd say it is so vague it actually gives you no confidence in the car in tighter bends - that will be more of an issue in heavy rain, snow etc.
It’s all relative though. I found the Golf to offer no driving involvement whatsoever..... compared to my TVR. Still, interesting feedback. I await delivery of ours to find out!

·
Registered
141 Posts
It’s all relative though. I found the Golf to offer no driving involvement whatsoever..... compared to my TVR. Still, interesting feedback. I await delivery of ours to find out!
Which Golf though? Mk7 was a big improvement over the previous few Golfs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which Golf though? Mk7 was a big improvement over the previous few Golfs.
Good point. Probably a Mk6. You'd probably have to come find which ditch i'm in keeping up on the twisties.

You're going to find most electric cars different due to the weight of the batteries. Our Leaf handles like a cow (some say it looks like one too), we love it anyway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I saw a review on youtube recently and it mentioned that it didn't come with the boot parcelshelf roller thing.. I don't think he was in the UK but wanted to check if you guys received it with yours?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It does come with a parcel shelf roller blind thing. They don't seem to come with mats by default. That seems to be down to the dealers whether they put them in or not.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I saw a review on youtube recently and it mentioned that it didn't come with the boot parcelshelf roller thing.. I don't think he was in the UK but wanted to check if you guys received it with yours?
Yes, it came with my Premium. Likely they lost it for the press car.

The spec on the Hyundai site isn't entirely accurate though. It says the Premium doesn't have auto wipers (reserved only for Premium SE), and yet mine does...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had three Hyundai’s now from the same dealer. I had the i40, then Ioniq Hybrid and now the electric version. All in Premium SE variant. On all occasions I was given mats (as well as the parcel cover). There is also a fantastic rubber, washable boot mat with sides that is made for the Ioniq. I would see whether they might be able to throw one of those in for you too.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq EV Premium SE
5 Posts
I got it with mine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
How are people finding the wiperless rear window setup in all this rain? I think it has some sort of coating on it, so it seems to clear ok, the lower section is pretty vertical, so it isn't too bad. The rear visibility is very similar to my old (much loved) Gen 7 Civic in that it is terrible anyway...the camera makes up for most of it though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my black premium se today. I like the drive but I am comparing it to my last car which was 18 year old. Not had chance to play about with it properly. Mine came with the usual stuff, floor mats, rear shelf, car wash kit etc.

1121 - 1136 of 1136 Posts