Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1040 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great news. Finally had confirmation that car had arrived in UK and will be delivered by Brindley on Thursday 21st May 2021. Was ordered via Fleet Prices on 14/10/20. Officially longest I’ve ever had to wait for a car so I’d better like it lol. They are delivering on a car transporter rather than driving which is great. Only casualty is the car mats which i’ll now have to source myself. Had to do a little bit of my own chasing to secure delivery but as they only resumed Wednesday, I think that’s fair enough. Beyond excited and really needed a car as previous lease ran out end of March

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great news. Finally had confirmation that car had arrived in UK and will be delivered by Brindley on Thursday 21st May 2021. Was ordered via Fleet Prices on 14/10/20. Officially longest I’ve ever had to wait for a car so I’d better like it lol. They are delivering on a car transporter rather than driving which is great. Only casualty is the car mats which i’ll now have to source myself. Had to do a little bit of my own chasing to secure delivery but as they only resumed Wednesday, I think that’s fair enough. Beyond excited and really needed a car as previous lease ran out end of March
Great news! Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like a lot of dealerships open tomorrow but on split staffing. So hopefully I’ll get an update shortly, car was due tomorrow 😂

·
Registered
45 Posts
It has been so lucky here in Canada. When my wife ordered her 2018 Ioniq EV, it took 7 months to get our hands on it. Now, Hyundai dealers have quite a few on their lots (2020 model year), it appears that they ordered ahead of time anticipating that they would sell them. Personally, I wasn't looking but ended up grabbing one off a dealer with no wait. I feel for everyone waiting as it is torture.

Kev

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sounds like a lot of dealerships open tomorrow but on split staffing. So hopefully I’ll get an update shortly, car was due tomorrow 😂
Interesting.. official line seems to be still 1/6/20 for possible openings.

Out of interest, which lease company did you go through?
Cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
Company scheme -Zenith and Hyundai motor fair Birmingham. Was expecting it by 4 may from original order 10 jan , happy to wait for June . Suspect a backlog as my car landed 17 April. They have updated their website to confirm opening Monday

·
Registered
99 Posts
Company scheme -Zenith and Hyundai motor fair Birmingham. Was expecting it by 4 may from original order 10 jan , happy to wait for June . Suspect a backlog as my car landed 17 April
Same here. I assume you are a key worker? Zenith policy seems to be key workers only for deliveries at the moment.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’m not a key worker, if the dealership opens who are looking after my delivery I don’t see why they won’t facilitate that, it’s going to be a couple of weeks I suspect anyway

·
Registered
99 Posts
I’m not a key worker, if the dealership opens who are looking after my delivery I don’t see why they won’t facilitate that, it’s going to be a couple of weeks I suspect anyway
You need to contact Zenith, it is done through them. I have the same car order from the same dealer and Zenith are saying key workers ATM only.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Zenith tell me car is in tilbury and anticipate delivery by the dealership in June . Not expecting before early June anyway now if the dealership only opens today

·
Registered
99 Posts
Now been given a date of 19/06/2020 by Zenith. This is after the key worker priority delivery was approved.

Originally ordered late December 2019. Initial date was mid April, then May. Now this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My estimated date moved to 19 June Today..also. Let’s see!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I booked with Leasing options back on 24th October. The vehicle is in the country and has been for some time. The lockdown preventing delivery. LO have stated that I can collect it if I wish. They do not know when it can be delivered. It's in Boston 180 miles away! I might consider it, if they offered to pay the train fare, but they havent.
Still a waiting game for me!

981 - 1000 of 1040 Posts