Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1043 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
The ones deploying intentional stupidity as an excuse will get a nasty shock when the Job Retention Scheme crutch is removed.
Err...or alternatively there are business that can't actually operate safely...there can't be many business that would actually prefer NOT to be trading.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Err...or alternatively there are business that can't actually operate safely...there can't be many business that would actually prefer NOT to be trading.
You think safety is the primary driver of growth in the number of furloughed employees?

The economy is slowing. As more businesses shut down, it causes others to lose suppliers and customers. This causes more businesses to find that they cannot trade profitably. The pressure is being felt even where businesses have employees working from home. The government has provided an easy way out; pause trading, furlough your employees, and borrow the money to meet fixed costs (if necessary).

But how many businesses could trade profitably, with a reasonable level of safety, if only their suppliers and customers also resumed trading?

It's not unreasonable to ask whether the status quo is even the safest option. Economists are warning of a worse recession than the one following the 2008 financial crisis. Between 2010 and 2017, 130,000 "excess deaths" were reported, which some have attributed to the impact of the recession, and the austerity that followed. How many "excess deaths" would be caused by people returning to work, if workplaces took sufficient measures to protect employee safety?

If going to work was so dangerous to the health of employees, why aren't supermarket employees dying (or winding up hospitalised) in large numbers? The industry would be in crisis now, if the hysteria was even remotely close to being correct. These are workplaces that see very high levels of footfall. How many people does someone prepping paperwork in a closed car dealership (as an example) come in to contact with in a typical working day? 2? 3? 5? Could schedules be written so it's the same 2-5 people, working as a group? Could they be spaced far more than two meters apart? Provided with PPE, hand washing facilities, and hand sanitiser? How much risk does this actually pose?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have finally received contact from my dealership (after having made a complaint to the national headquarters about receiving no contact about my order). I am told that my Ioniq Electric, which I ordered at the end of January, is now on the ship from Ulsan, headed for the UK and is due to arrive at Tilbury towards the end of the first week in June. I have also been told that it would then take a further two weeks to reach them, following which they hope to be able to facilitate delivery to me. I have asked about contactless delivery and am awaiting a reply. The tone of my email from the dealer was apologetic and seems hopeful in tone. I’ll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have finally received contact from my dealership (after having made a complaint to the national headquarters about receiving no contact about my order). I am told that my Ioniq Electric, which I ordered at the end of January, is now on the ship from Ulsan, headed for the UK and is due to arrive at Tilbury towards the end of the first week in June. I have also been told that it would then take a further two weeks to reach them, following which they hope to be able to facilitate delivery to me. I have asked about contactless delivery and am awaiting a reply. The tone of my email from the dealer was apologetic and seems hopeful in tone. I’ll keep you all posted.
Hi,
my congratulation.
Could you tell me which company did you order from, pls.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If going to work was so dangerous to the health of employees, why aren't supermarket employees dying (or winding up hospitalised) in large numbers?
Maybe because the lockdown means the numbers of cases have been kept low?

You sound pretty cynical. Some people think saving the lives of potentially hundreds of thousands of people is greater than the value of propping up unrelenting economic growth - Who’d have thought it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
How much risk does this actually pose
That's hard to tell isn't it? Those supermarket employees might not get symptomes, but they may spread the virus anyhow? That employee might not come in contact during workdays, but how about the train he used to get to work etc. etc.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Premium Firey Red
39 Posts
So after much faffing about with the finance company not being able to verify the dealer was legit (been in business 60 years in various guises and was once the biggest selling Hyundai dealer in the world) I will be picking up the car on Saturday. Wish it was tomorrow
The wall charger was installed today pretty smoothly, although the installer toggled the max output to 6.6 because he said going to 7.2 could trip the house. Im going to have to follow up on this but can change it myself. I don't mind much as we will be limiting it to the solar output as much as possible at around 3.5kw (gotta leave some for the house we have max 5kW system) and try and keep charge between 40 and 80%

Here it is sitting next to my solar inverter :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
After having been told that my car will arrive in the UK “towards the end of the first week in June”, I am really struggling to find a ship with an arrival date that matches (using Marine Traffic). There are certainly quite a few on their way from Ulsan to the UK in the next month though (which would seem to be good news generally). I guess I will just have to be content to watch the EUKOR fleet headed this way and wait to see which one is carrying my order. Shame, as the geek in me was looking forward to tracking its progress across the globe.

·
Registered
99 Posts
After having been told that my car will arrive in the UK “towards the end of the first week in June”, I am really struggling to find a ship with an arrival date that matches (using Marine Traffic). There are certainly quite a few on their way from Ulsan to the UK in the next month though (which would seem to be good news generally). I guess I will just have to be content to watch the EUKOR fleet headed this way and wait to see which one is carrying my order. Shame, as the geek in me was looking forward to tracking its progress across the globe. View attachment 32107
I think the ship chasing isn't helpful. Likely if it is arriving for when you think it is, it's already docked and gone.

I have a date of arrival at the dealer of 21/05/2020, but no doubt I won't be seeing it until June sometime at the earliest.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just got notification from Zenith this morning:

They are only doing contactless delivery
And contactless delivery is ONLY available as a key worker. Nobody else.

This is to protect the safety of dealer staff.

You also have to sign paperwork to accept the risks involved.

So if anyone is with Zenith (and likely many others) unless you are a key worker, you won't be getting a car until the retail stores open later next month (assuming criteria are met for that to happen).

I am actually a key worker, but I might just wait anyway.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Doesn’t make sense that , I’m waiting on a delivery, if they can deliver why restrict their cash flow, government hasn’t said only deliver to key workers, appreciate they should be priority. But to be honest now I’ve waited a month with it sat in tilbury, I don’t want it until 1 June , or I’ll pay two salary deductions end of June 😆

·
Registered
99 Posts
Maybe they only realistically only deliver a certain amount everyweek... If they only have a skeleton staff it makes sense I suppose.

I could have it delivered, but I also have a car to sell and that won't be easy at the moment, so I'll probably wait anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe they only realistically only deliver a certain amount everyweek... If they only have a skeleton staff it makes sense I suppose.

I could have it delivered, but I also have a car to sell and that won't be easy at the moment, so I'll probably wait anyway.
In the same boat here. Have the current vehicle to get rid of, so really I'm hoping that our delivery will come a bit later.
Was due in the country late April, but haven't heard anything recently as the dealer was closed until this week.
Not chasing it yet as I'd prefer to wait a bit now, even though I'm dying to get it!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think the ship chasing isn't helpful. Likely if it is arriving for when you think it is, it's already docked and gone.

I have a date of arrival at the dealer of 21/05/2020, but no doubt I won't be seeing it until June sometime at the earliest.

I agree it isn’t ‘helpful’ but it can be kind of fun if you manage to track the right one. Something different to be able to do :)

961 - 980 of 1043 Posts