Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1040 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
All dealerships have had the information they can trade if safe, hopefully a week to work out the details last week and they can start catching up from Monday.. I’m 2 weeks from my adjusted delivery day so let’s see if that still holds true 🤞🏻

·
Registered
95 Posts
the issue is that whilst they can claim 80% wages for staff there's little incentive to get back up and running from a staff and management perspective

·
Registered
99 Posts
And that incentive is intended - the point being to stop the temptation to open up and keep going.

The Gov.Uk site is still saying the only reason to leave home is to get exercise, buy food or medicine or do essential work that can’t be done from home. The list of exceptions for businesses that can open still only has car repair/MOT and NOT sales - despite the talks that they have been having.

Even if the dealer could open, buying a car isn’t an essential trip. So unless they can have it delivered to you, I don’t see it happening.

The last emails I’ve had from Zenith on the lockdown have been vague on this, with phrases such as “we are working with dealer networks to resolve delays” without actually saying how the car will make it onto your driveway. I’m taking that to mean until the restrictions are eased, it ain’t happening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been to a lot of Electrikhana's and my partner was pushing me to become a member and I only found out about the discount after I ordered while lurking on the aeva forumns. Bit spewing at myself but can't dwell on it too much.

What the difference between build or compliance? Mine ordered in Jan and built this year as a MY20 model I thought.
The difference is that the year of build is what the car is priced on when you sale. The compliance is that it meets the 2020 law requirements which get update every year. A car takes about 2 to 3months from build to delivery in normal circumstances, thus a car build in October can be delivered in Jan Feb. All depends on the Company making cars

·
Registered
95 Posts
Any business can trade safely and open if it can offer internet/telephone sales and contactless delivery. The public space can’t open. Where business is concerned everyone has got confused around essential. You can order a sex aid from Amazon and they will deliver it so I fail to see the difference on a £32k car! This crisis is going nowhere until a vaccine is in place. These companies are going to have to work smart and come up with solutions otherwise they will go under!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Saw some suggestions that 11 May will be when dealerships are given the go ahead to open with measures similar to supermarkets.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a similar from Hyundai. Despite guidance that they could infact deliver, all dealerships seem determined to remain closed

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a similar from Hyundai. Despite guidance that they could infact deliver, all dealerships seem determined to remain closed
Well, despite what you are saying about getting creative and finding different ways to flog a car, officially they HAVE to be closed, by law.

If the dealers don't think they can operate the business online (and most including Hyundai and many others can't) then there's a reason for it - I'm sure most would prefer to be running rather hemmoriging cash.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The sales space has to be closed but they can trade online and via telephone if it’s safe to do so plus do servicing, collections and deliveries. Why bother to advertise online sales and click and reserve if they have no real intent to make good on unfulfilled orders and new ones. If this crisis goes on which I fear it will until a vaccine, then they have to adapt and be smart. Funnily enough several Hyundai dealers have announced back office functions reopening on the 11/05/20

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think they have advanced indications that 11 may will allow showrooms to open like shops are with distance rules and other safety. Most dealerships are only now going to open if they can open all facilities next week. Just hope they can start getting through the backlog!

·
Registered
99 Posts

Some info there as to why it is currently not possible...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like the PMs announcement this evening would allow dealerships to open with strict social distancing measures in place. If you can’t work from home (giving construction and manufacturing as an example), you should go back to work from Monday. Let’s see whether that makes any difference to Hyundai and the dealerships. Wouldn’t want anyone to be put at risk, but something should be possible to get things moving. More details from the PM in parliament tomorrow.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks like the PMs announcement this evening would allow dealerships to open with strict social distancing measures in place. If you can’t work from home (giving construction and manufacturing as an example), you should go back to work from Monday. Let’s see whether that makes any difference to Hyundai and the dealerships. Wouldn’t want anyone to be put at risk, but something should be possible to get things moving. More details from the PM in parliament tomorrow.
Isn't a dealership effectively a retail shop, in which case, this announcement doesn't cover this for now?

"The prime minister says the "phased reopening" of shops - other than food stores and other "essential" outlets - may begin in England on 1 June, at the earliest"

- BBC News

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lifted from the BVLA website dated 09/04/20 - Business Guidance

VEHICLE AND PARTS COLLECTIONS AND DISTRIBUTION - REQUIREMENTS
Business and venue closures
On 23rd March 2020 the Government stepped up measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus. As part of these measures it required specified businesses and venues to close, as they involve prolonged close social contact which increases the chance of infection spreading. The specified businesses and venues are set out here and include all retail venues, subject to certain exceptions. The exceptions include car garages and MOT services, vehicle rental services and – importantly – storage and distribution facilities.
It follows therefore that retail venues (such as showrooms) that form part of vehicle dealerships and auction houses must close. But it also follows that storage and distribution facilities connected to vehicle dealerships and auction houses are not required to close.
This means that – subject to observing other Coronavirus / COVID-19 precautions (see below) – the collection, delivery and distribution of vehicles and parts, including from dealerships and auction houses, remains permitted, while the business of vehicle sales from showrooms and the carrying on of auctions are prohibited (except for on-line activities). Vehicles and parts may still be collected, delivered and distributed to and from customers and businesses, including in regard to the sale of vehicles and parts, especially so for key workers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Therefore they could be selling cars online, delivering and collecting. Even less excuse not to now and most leasing is totally online anyhow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As with most things, this discussion has depended on opinion and interpretation of the rules. However, two facts to throw in the mix. Holdcroft (who supply Hyundai for a number of Lease companies) are open and beginning to schedule orders of backlogged stock, and secondly, Nationwide have begun trading again today, working with dealers and customers to arrange deliveries.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No doubt many businesses got the message on Sunday; time to start trading again, unless you're in retail or hospitaloty. The ones deploying intentional stupidity as an excuse will get a nasty shock when the Job Retention Scheme crutch is removed.

I'd hope for news about deliveries by the end of the month. Anyone who hasn't already prepared for reopening will need time to plan. Anyone pretending to not understand the messaging will be a few weeks further behind no doubt, as the penny won't drop until they're told they aren't getting any more money for staff wages.

941 - 960 of 1040 Posts