Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

881 - 900 of 900 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
TCJW
you didn't reply back to my previous post, how did you get on with stopping for charge? useful info for other new owners when they finally get there cars!
Tony
Ah sorry about that! I meant to reply to you before setting off but I didn't have time. I got on just fine. I went from Boston Lincolnshire to Bournemouth in Dorset. I used abetterroutplanner but also kind of relied on the built-in function on the car navigation. I stopped off at a Moto on the M1 - Toddington services I think. I was a little confused as I tried a Type 2 charger and it was going really slowly, then hung up and tried the CCS charger which definitely helped. I charged for about half an hour to 85% and then drove all the way home. I got back with 8%.

I tried stopping off to top up in Winchester services southbound, but their point was broken so I decided to just go on without as the remaining charge was hinting at about 25 miles over the distance to get home. Ideally I'd have had a bit of a top up though.

Thanks for all the tips

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hyundai are suspending all deliveries.

Confirmed on the phone with Leasing Options this morning. They're phoning everyone over the next few days, starting with those with the earliest delivery slots.
What stage is yours at? When was it due , just wondering how that impacts mine due early May delivery to my house . Assuming it is able to move to the dealership . Surely registered, valet loaded and delivery isn’t person intensive?

·
Registered
67 Posts
What stage is yours at? When was it due , just wondering how that impacts mine due early May delivery to my house . Assuming it is able to move to the dealership . Surely registered, valet loaded and delivery isn’t person intensive?
All car sales/dealers should be shut now. There is no way any sales or sales completions will be happening now. I think it is over for a couple of months at the very least.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My car was meant to be delivered today.

There's nothing preventing cars from being delivered. But Hyundai (and likely most, if not all, manufacturers) have taken the decision to halt deliveries until further notice. Looking at Italy, I doubt it'll be any earlier than May by the time things are back up and running. And then there will be a backlog of deliveries to clear.

I thought the Hyundai factory was still closed though? If so, the chances of your car being here in May seem slim. If they built the car next week, it wouldn't be on your drive until the end of May (6 weeks for shipping + 1 to 2 weeks for delivery).

·
Registered
67 Posts
It was due for delivery today.

There's nothing stopping cars from being delivered. But Hyundai has taken the decision to shut up shop.
There's everything stopping it. The car has to arrive at the dealer and have the PDI done and the paperwork done. The dealers are shut.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There's everything stopping it. The car has to arrive at the dealer and have the PDI done and the paperwork done. The dealers are shut.
I misunderstood. I thought Leasing Options told me the car was coming from a Hyundai holding facility, so I assumed all paperwork would be done there. Reading TCJW's posts, it seems it was Reed Hyundai in Grimsby and I've misheard or misremembered. So yeah, I was wrong. Totally out of their hands given all showrooms were told to shut during Monday's announcement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We decided to buy a new one, but the garage advised us what was coming on the boat that was unallocated, so we picked an SE in white and got it within a month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just joined the forum. Interesting to read all the comments. I ordered a Premium SE ev with sunroof spec’d back in late January. Initially, the local dealer told me it would be on the March build and delivered in May. Been trying to chase them for news, but their Comms are awful and I now discover all dealerships are closed. No notification of this from either dealer or Hyundai UK which wasn’t great. What are the chances of a delivery any time in May? To be honest, as I need the car to replace my existing Ioniq HEV which comes to the end of its contract in June, I’m thinking of going elsewhere. Not sure if I can do this without incurring charges. Leasing through Hyundai UK. What do people think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I order mine Premium SE from UK Carline on beginning of December nad at first I was told, that delivery will be mid March, than changed to May and yesterday they send me email that because of coronavirus and now delivery slipped to June :(
"Hyundai have advised that the production line in Korea for the Hyundai Ioniq Electric has been affected by a supply chain of wire from China due to the Coronavirus, this has unfortunately resulted in some unforeseen delays.
We will keep you updated, however currently we are being advised that the current ETA is for a June delivery."
That’s interesting. I have a Premium SE in Fluidic Metallic and sunroof on order that I was told should arrive in May. I’m not getting any updates from the dealership though, which is frustrating.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just joined the forum. Interesting to read all the comments. I ordered a Premium SE ev with sunroof spec’d back in late January. Initially, the local dealer told me it would be on the March build and delivered in May. Been trying to chase them for news, but their Comms are awful and I now discover all dealerships are closed. No notification of this from either dealer or Hyundai UK which wasn’t great. What are the chances of a delivery any time in May? To be honest, as I need the car to replace my existing Ioniq HEV which comes to the end of its contract in June, I’m thinking of going elsewhere. Not sure if I can do this without incurring charges. Leasing through Hyundai UK. What do people think?
I would say the chances of May are close to zero.

I ordered at the end of December, was initially given May, but now have been given June. At the moment I'd be surprised if it arrived at all.

Also, once it arrives at the dealers, they are all closed now for sales activities anyway with no deliveries happening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are closed!
I get that they’re closed now. What’s so frustrating is that they made no effort to communicate the closure despite having an order in with them. I managed to text my sales guy who had given me his number who told me they have all been put on furlough without any access to the Hyundai systems. This does not sound good as it indicates under normal circumstances they would have been made redundant due to falling sales income. If th8ngs were ticking along behind the scenes, I cant see why they couldn’t be working from home like the rest of us.

·
Registered
78 Posts
First world problem and just making ideal chat so don't take this seriously....not sure what was worse.... waiting months for the car to arrive from Korea or the fact that it's arrived but is stuck at the dealers awaiting delivery......so close yet so far!

·
Registered
12 Posts
First world problem and just making ideal chat so don't take this seriously....not sure what was worse.... waiting months for the car to arrive from Korea or the fact that it's arrived but is stuck at the dealers awaiting delivery......so close yet so far!
in the same boat (or not, as the case may be)! Stay well

·
Registered
95 Posts
On a brighter note, it could have been delivered last week and the two-year lease contract started - with the monthly payments falling due but being unable to drive the car anywhere. In today's situation having the car ready and waiting for delivery but not yet costing anything could be seen to be a better scenario.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I managed to text my sales guy who had given me his number who told me they have all been put on furlough without any access to the Hyundai systems. This does not sound good as it indicates under normal circumstances they would have been made redundant due to falling sales income.
They're closed because the government ordered them to close. It has absolutely nothing to do with sales. All car dealerships (the ones complying with the law, at least) ceased trading from Tues 24th March.

I know a few people who work in car sales. They've been properly screwed by this move. It's fairly typical for the industry to pay a low wage, and then make up for this with commission. The government's job retention scheme doesn't cover commission. So they're down to 80% of their basic wage. Personally, I'd sooner be you working from home, than them on a 50%+ pay cut.

As for your car problem, call your current finance company. They might not be doing collections right now. But even if they are, I suspect they'll be open to extending your agreement on a rolling basis until your Ioniq electric arrives. Used car prices have taken a tumble. The longer you keep the car, the more time their asset has to recover some value.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What I would say is that a contactless delivery would really be no different than an amazon delivery and would enable the dealers to at least have some turn over. The PDI could be done by one person so overall the risks would be negligible. I have a very busy florist and we have continued to trade online and via telephone offering contactless delivery by following the government guidance which actually states that with exceptions business should continue to trade online. Car rental is allowed to trade and one could argue the delivery of a lease vehicle would be covered under rental. I fully appreciate that car showrooms should not be opened but at some point when it is safe to do so some business has to restart even if in a very limited function. Nearly all florists instantly closed up on 23/03/20 but now many are starting to trade online again. With the thought of getting 80% percent wages, many people have been happy to stay at home rather than actually come up with safe solutions. Just a thought and I expect plenty of strong opinions on this so this is more of a general discussion point than anything else.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't think I'd want to take delivery at this time. Essentially, when it has been handed over someone will have at least driven it off a truck or even to the dealer. Then how do you make sure the thing is sanitised when you get it?

It is a non essential service at the moment, so it is what it is.

I can wait, I have pretty low expectations of taking delivery at all to be honest, the way things are going.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’d have picked it up. Personally I think it would be more clean than a Tesco food delivery. Don’t get me wrong though as I fully appreciate this is a first world problem and lots of people have far more tragic and serious stuff going on.

·
Super Moderator
1,970 Posts
The car would need to be thoroughly cleansed before it gets to the buyer though . It only takes one person in the chain not to observe the safety advice and there's a big problem . The streets are already getting busier with such morons

881 - 900 of 900 Posts