Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

861 - 880 of 900 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
The ship chasing just seems madness to me - tracking possibly the slowest possible method of transport without actually knowing the car is on board. I'm just waiting until I get the OK from the dealer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm losing confidence that the info is correct. Tilbury made sense as I live in Sussex. Immingham is much further away and surely the dealership wouldn't be in that region?
I don't think it makes much difference where you live. Cars either arrive in Immingham, Tilbury or sometime Southampton

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just been told my vehicle will be with the dealer 27 March, and delivered to me within 7 days (if we are not in lockdown!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was anticipating mine 4th May now slipping to 18th May . Hopefully that’s just the lease company building in a buffer for port and delivery delays etc . Car is on its way was due into UK around 18 April hmm ? let’s see!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Zenith just emailed me.

Has moved from Mid May to June. Ordered at the end of December.

I'm surprised the delay is that small to be honest.

I'm still not expecting it until late summer, if it ever arrives.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all, I just thought I'd mention I've heard from Leasing Options that my car is almost ready for pickup. I ordered the Polar White Premium in October as part of their £200pm leasing deal so it's been a long wait.

They had originally pencilled me in for delivery on the 27th, but I am not working for a couple of weeks and going crazy without a car, so have decided to rent a car from Enterprise and pick it up directly from the dealer on Monday 23rd, which happens to be a 4 hour drive away. Am I nuts?

At least I'll get a good run in the car straight away, but I'm a little worried about that first charge on the way back. There seems to be a lot of different networks and options and it's a bit daunting!

Thanks to all of you who have given advice while I've been waiting. I hope the rest of you receive your cars soon!

·
Registered
95 Posts
At least I'll get a good run in the car straight away, but I'm a little worried about that first charge on the way back. There seems to be a lot of different networks and options and it's a bit daunting!
First of all, make sure that the dealer knows that the car must be filled to 100% on collection. And ring them again to confirm when you are two hours away so that they can rectify it if they have forgotten your strict requirement. There have been many such instances where a long drive is planned and the car is handed over only half full.

I am guessing that a four-hour trip will be no more than 200 miles. Meaning that only one properly planned Rapid stop will be needed in a 38 kWh Ioniq. My advice would be to try to find an Instavolt Rapid somewhere between 100 and 130 miles into the journey. Even if it means a small detour. They are by far the most idiot-proof, user friendly, and reliable Rapids out there. Even if that was a rare Instavolt failure it will leave enough charge for plan B. And you must have a plan B. And C for such a first experience trip.

I see that you joined the forum five months ago so you will be aware of the useful EV driver aids like ZapMap and Abetterrouteplanner. And know that prior planning is key to such journeys when using an EV. Other than that, enjoy the drive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
First of all, make sure that the dealer knows that the car must be filled to 100% on collection. And ring them again to confirm when you are two hours away so that they can rectify it if they have forgotten your strict requirement. There have been many such instances where a long drive is planned and the car is handed over only half full.

I am guessing that a four-hour trip will be no more than 200 miles. Meaning that only one properly planned Rapid stop will be needed in a 38 kWh Ioniq. My advice would be to try to find an Instavolt Rapid somewhere between 100 and 130 miles into the journey. Even if it means a small detour. They are by far the most idiot-proof, user friendly, and reliable Rapids out there. Even if that was a rare Instavolt failure it will leave enough charge for plan B. And you must have a plan B. And C for such a first experience trip.

I see that you joined the forum five months ago so you will be aware of the useful EV driver aids like ZapMap and Abetterrouteplanner. And know that prior planning is key to such journeys when using an EV. Other than that, enjoy the drive.
Thanks for these tips! Yes I've been lurking on here for a while now and I've downloaded ZapMap and Abetterrouteplanner so I think I'm on top of things. It's still a little daunting but I'm sure I will figure it out!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tcjw, where are you going from and to?
with this info we may be able to give you more tips on your route,
my first long trip after having car 4 weeks was Warrington Cheshire to Helensbourgh Scotland distance 242miles, stop was planned at about 120 miles Toby carvery Carlisle just of M6, Polar fast (50kw ccs) 15p kwh, didn't reconise my RFID card! so on another 10 miles to Gretna Green services, Ecotricity (50kw ccs) 30p kwh would not lock into my car after taking £12 of me twice(did get back week later), so plan "C" on same services BP super 350kw ccs charger which worked but at a price 69p kwh!! Then on arriving in Hehensbourgh Charge place Scotland on pier carpark nothing working, ended up in train station on 7kwh charger, but not having CYC RFID card I had to telephone help line and get them to activate for me! only good thing, free to use. After telephone call to Polar my RFID card was activated so planned Toby carvery stop on return journey, problem 50kw ccs, would not work so spent 2 hours with 7kw type 2 plugged in then down to Rheged center where Ecotricity fast charger worked.
Morale of story have not 1 but 2 back up plans,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took delivery of my 38kWh today. It arrived at the dealership on 09/03/2020 and was ready for delivery as soon as 16/03/2020.

Got BlueLink set up without a hitch. The UK Premium trim comes with automatic wipers, despite the spec saying it's only included the the Premium SE.

Happy to answer any questions about the first two hours of ownership.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ah that's good news on the wipers. I have ordered a premium and I always thought it was a strange thing to not have given auto lights etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pi
Just took delivery of my 38kWh today. It arrived at the dealership on 09/03/2020 and was ready for delivery as soon as 16/03/2020.

Got BlueLink set up without a hitch. The UK Premium trim comes with automatic wipers, despite the spec saying it's only included the the Premium SE.

Happy to answer any questions about the first two hours of ownership.
any pictures ??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hyundai are suspending all deliveries.

Confirmed on the phone with Leasing Options this morning. They're phoning everyone over the next few days, starting with those with the earliest delivery slots.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hyundai are suspending all deliveries.

Confirmed on the phone with Leasing Options this morning. They're phoning everyone over the next few days, starting with those with the earliest delivery slots.
Makes sense I suppose, given last night's announcement.

I think I can wave goodbye to getting mine for at least the next 6 months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So yesterday I drove 4 hours in a hire car to collect my polar white premium from Read Hyundai in Boston, and then drove it home. So far I'm loving it! Really nice interior without being flashy, easy to understand interface and extremely smooth ride! Feels really well put together, and is incredibly intuitive to drive (something I've been worried about as I've only ever had manual small cars). Thanks all for your tips and help.

It sucks to hear that deliveries are being suspended - it's why I decided to go pick mine up, as otherwise it would have been set to be delivered on Friday (and therefore probably not at all). I hope everyone gets their car as soon as possible! Even if it's to look at it lovingly through the window as we can't go outside haha.?

Cheers all

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm quite happy to not have mine right now. Need to sell my old car, which the virus situation will make very difficult. So the outcome works fine for me.

The finance on the current car is £40/month less too, which will help if things aren't back to normal by summer (student - usually work full-time in a pub during the summer break).

·
Registered
425 Posts
So yesterday I drove 4 hours in a hire car to collect my polar white premium from Read Hyundai in Boston, and then drove it home.

Cheers all
TCJW
you didn't reply back to my previous post, how did you get on with stopping for charge? useful info for other new owners when they finally get there cars!
Tony

861 - 880 of 900 Posts