Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

841 - 860 of 900 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
placed order 10/1 , dealer stated ETA mid March-ish..next day the lease company emailed me (probably automated) Late April delivery. a month went by and i got the same update. however all along the delivery date in the company portal for the lease company scheme says 8th April. i did email them 2 weeks ago and got "car is awaiting export early March delivery late April" how accurate that is i don't know judging by all the above!

on one hand i am being a little impatient as its only been 8 weeks, but also hoping for good news! would at least be nice to know its actually on a boat! going to try to resist contacting the dealer for a direct update until late March unless they get to me first...
You could ask and see if you have a chassis no, if you do it means its on a boat. If you don't then you're at least 5-6 weeks away at best.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine was delivered to uk on the 28 feb on the grand Phoenix to tilbury. How long does it normally take to be at th he dealer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Clarity, a little...my delivery date is still 8th April, but its going to slip a bit.. (10 Jan order) White Premuim, unless there are other ships i am not seeing, i think its on the morning lucy due 18 April (dealer couldnt be sure and also said usually docks Tilbury, where ML is due Southampton) ....... so looks like a 3ish week delay which is a shame but not a disaster..

--------------------------------------
"
Looking at the current status, there has been a slight delay in shipping for South Korea, the car is currently at sea with an estimated arrival in the UK Mid-April… the car has to then go through ship off load, customs and quality control then the cars are handed over to ECM to deliver to us (the dealership).
We only need the car for a few days whilst we PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and prep, then deliver to yourself.
Realistically, we won’t see the car until the last week of April, so early May to you."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I’m thinking not as they confirmed it’s at sea now so I think left Ulsan 28 feb, and due mid April so unless they are using other ships ? likely on Morning Lucy ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lol ? I was checking morning Lucy believing that to be the only likely ship leaving last week and arrives mid April. I’m gonna follow that and believe it’s on there ?‍♂?
Dealer didn’t seem to know which boat so I picked the most likely based on departure dates . Not sure how else I would know

·
Registered
20 Posts
well I'm thoroughly confused now, Morning Lucy has vanished from the EUKOR schedule, but was there the other day, its currently heading for Singapore and was showing eventually onto Southampton..data error on EUKOR? or a drop and go at one of the ports only for another ship (grand pavo/morning lynn) to pick up UK cars for onward delivery with Morning Lucy's schedule changing.

The mystery deepens, im still told to expect delivery following import mid april so that narrows the ships a little?! ahhhh. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have seen
well I'm thoroughly confused now, Morning Lucy has vanished from the EUKOR schedule, but was there the other day, its currently heading for Singapore and was showing eventually onto Southampton..data error on EUKOR? or a drop and go at one of the ports only for another ship (grand pavo/morning lynn) to pick up UK cars for onward delivery with Morning Lucy's schedule changing.

The mystery deepens, im still told to expect delivery following import mid april so that narrows the ships a little?! ahhhh. lol
I have seen some of the tracking info getting suspended when the boat is approaching Somalia/Yemen for security reasons. I tracked one ship that just had a destination of "armed guard on board". After a day or so it will revert back to Suez.

This means you won't be able to search for ships as easy, but if you already know the name of the ship you can still track it.

Best thing to do is look at Tilbury arrivals and search through for vehicle carriers. They arrive weekly and can be tracked back to originating in Ulsan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now been advised that dealership expects vehicle to arrive in stock 13th April, so about a 3 week delay. I read that Hyundai have closed plants in South Korea because of Coronavirus outbreak. Could this be leading to delays?
Just received word of another delay, the leasing company says the dealership now expects the car to arrive on 2nd May.

I ordered in November for an original date of mid-March which was then changed to the end of March, then April and now May. Understandable delays I guess but still a bit frustrating!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Morning Celine docked this morning at Tilbury, off loaded and is now headed for Antwerp so a few of us should get positive updates over the next couple of days.
Really hope so. I've tracking it to and it wasn't in port that long. Should be no more than around ten days in our vehicles are on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had an update from the dealer today saying our car is due on a boat in mid April and we should expect delivery in May sometime. That tallies with the original 2-3 months probably 4 when we ordered. Half way through this waiting game :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
My attention has now moved to Grand Uranus which is headed for Immingham and is due 13/03/20. That’s the closest ship I can find that is due around 14/03/20. I thought everything went in via Tilbury but clearly not

·
Registered
9 Posts
My attention has now moved to Grand Uranus which is headed for Immingham and is due 13/03/20. That’s the closest ship I can find that is due around 14/03/20. I thought everything went in via Tilbury but clearly not
I'm losing confidence that the info is correct. Tilbury made sense as I live in Sussex. Immingham is much further away and surely the dealership wouldn't be in that region?

841 - 860 of 900 Posts