Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

781 - 800 of 892 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
108 Posts
Well it looks like my Premium SE is in stock with the dealer now, almost two months ahead of schedule... I'm just waiting to hear about a delivery date, but I'm incredibly keen to get hold of it! How long did other people have to wait from the point of dealer to delivery?
1 week (ish). Depends entirely on the dealership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well it looks like my Premium SE is in stock with the dealer now, almost two months ahead of schedule... I'm just waiting to hear about a delivery date, but I'm incredibly keen to get hold of it! How long did other people have to wait from the point of dealer to delivery?
Don't get to excited I'm at 2 weeks today since mine was 'in stock' last week the lease company said it was taking time to get registered and I should receive a delivery date on Monday. Monday's been and gone so calling again on my lunch break

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't get to excited I'm at 2 weeks today since mine was 'in stock' last week the lease company said it was taking time to get registered and I should receive a delivery date on Monday. Monday's been and gone so calling again on my lunch break
Oh no that's not good news.... I don't even know who my dealer is, as this is a company car, so my Fleet team are working with an outsourced fleet management team who are in turn in contact with the dealer... At least it gives me chance to get my 7kw charger installed, which seems to be taking ages.

Who is your dealer? (Are you allowed to say?!) I wonder if they are waiting until the new registration numbers come into play so that you get a 20 plate

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well the lease is with drive electric but they say delay is with a unnamed dealer about 40 miles from me. It may be in the lease companies interest to hold on until 20 plate but not mine. so I really hope that's not the case. Currently on the bike and trams in the snow without a car so the sooner the better

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well the lease is with drive electric but they say delay is with a unnamed dealer about 40 miles from me. It may be in the lease companies interest to hold on until 20 plate but not mine. so I really hope that's not the case. Currently on the bike and trams in the snow without a car so the sooner the better
I agree, personally don't give two hoots if it's a 69 or a 20. Sounds like a nightmare without a car completely, I'm in a hire car at the moment at least. Good luck anyway, I look forward to seeing a post from you when it arrives! out of interest, what have you gone for? Colour / spec?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree, personally don't give two hoots if it's a 69 or a 20. Sounds like a nightmare without a car completely, I'm in a hire car at the moment at least. Good luck anyway, I look forward to seeing a post from you when it arrives! out of interest, what have you gone for? Colour / spec?
Thanks for the question. thought i had added that info to my signature but had done it wrong. I have ordered a Premium - Iron Grey

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the question. thought i had added that info to my signature but had done it wrong. I have ordered a Premium - Iron Grey
Interesting, I asked because I had a hunch that colours would be shipped together at once. Somebody earlier was delayed (Fire Red) and then another was given the same delay with the same colour. I'm significantly ahead of schedule and may have been shipped at the same time as you. TBH they must ship so many that this is just a complete coincidence

·
Registered
4 Posts
My order for Premium SE in Phantom Black was placed through a salary sacrifice scheme on 10th October with an estimated date of late March delivery. I received an email with the chassis number stating "In transit to dealer" on the 14th January. My best guess is that my car is currently on the Don Pasquale arriving on 18th Feb so delivery to me 1st week in march maybe??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just received an email from Leasing Options with the following:

The dealer has advised that your vehicle is now on a ship and has a chassis number (below). The previous details still stand and they are still expecting to see it early/mid March.
Looks like I won't get it til April now, as I'm in Sri Lanka mid-late March. At least it should be a nice thing to come back to!
I ordered the Premium in Polar White, for full disclosure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I received another email from Drive Electric today. Firstly the new person reiterated that the car is in stock and asked for the best delivery address and contact details. As I already knew the car has been in stock since 28th Jan and is at a dealer about 40 miles away, I asked when I will get delivery and if I could pick it up directly on Saturday. There response was that the dealer would not be able to deliver until the first week in march. After some very unhappy emails back and forth were it became clear it had been registered as a 20 plate so could not be delivered until March. Drive Electric promised that they were not holding back for a 20 reg for residual value gains and that the dealer had assumed I would like a 20 plate. I've been without a car since November, I'm leasing, it could say anything on the reg plate for all I care. They are now swapping the reg for a 69 Plate and they expect I can take delivery of Tuesday.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #791
I received another email from Drive Electric today. Firstly the new person reiterated that the car is in stock and asked for the best delivery address and contact details. As I already knew the car has been in stock since 28th Jan and is at a dealer about 40 miles away, I asked when I will get delivery and if I could pick it up directly on Saturday. There response was that the dealer would not be able to deliver until the first week in march. After some very unhappy emails back and forth were it became clear it had been registered as a 20 plate so could not be delivered until March. Drive Electric promised that they were not holding back for a 20 reg for residual value gains and that the dealer had assumed I would like a 20 plate. I've been without a car since November, I'm leasing, it could say anything on the reg plate for all I care. They are now swapping the reg for a 69 Plate and they expect I can take delivery of Tuesday.
Wow that's very cheeky indeed. You're owed some explanation for that really. I'd suggest posting on social media about it to get a proper response/solution from them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #792
I'm having issues with the regen - every now and then when I start the car I get an error mentioning that the regen system isn't working and the smart recuperation gets disabled. I've noticed that recently the response time of the regen is slower - before if I took my foot off the accelerator it would immediately slow down the car. Now there's a 2 second delay which makes 1 pedal driving difficult.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm having issues with the regen - every now and then when I start the car I get an error mentioning that the regen system isn't working and the smart recuperation gets disabled. I've noticed that recently the response time of the regen is slower - before if I took my foot off the accelerator it would immediately slow down the car. Now there's a 2 second delay which makes 1 pedal driving difficult.
Most EV's regen systems will not work at there optimum if the battery already has a high state of charge and if the temperature is too cold or hot. Could it be that?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #794
Most EV's regen systems will not work at there optimum if the battery already has a high state of charge and if the temperature is too cold or hot. Could it be that?
It was neither of those. I've started the car with 0 degrees and had no issues whereas yesterday it would've been about 5-8

·
Registered
18 Posts
I now have confirmation of the new 69 Reg and a confirmed delivery date of this Tuesday 18th. Drive Electric have given me assurances that "Some leasing companies do like to withhold from deliveries so close to a new registration but that is not how DriveElectric operate" and that "Unequivocally we do not delay delivery as it is not in our interests nor our customers, we want to get customers into their electric vehicles as soon as possible."
I have never leased before and I have always purchased second hand so I haven't really needed to wait like this before so I do not know what is normal. I do not know if I will used them again at the end of the lease. To be honest I didn't shop around enough, they were known to me through watching too much Fully Charged. This is probably as public make will take this, negative stories are not going to help adoption.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So my shiny new car was delivered today. After driving it around today I can say it's all I I could have asked for from my first EV. I have been impressed with ride quality handling and it is as quick as my old mx-5 but just so effortless. I think I'm going to be playing with the settings for some time I'm but blue link was set up quite easily and works well.

Attachments

781 - 800 of 892 Posts