Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

761 - 780 of 1152 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine has been in stock at a dealer 50 Miles away for a week and a half now. Been told by the leasing company it's taking time to get it registered and sort out the government grant money. They should be booking a delivery slot on Monday. Another weekend without my new car :( I thought the hard bit would be building the thing and shipping it half way round the world, not pushing some paper in Stock on Trent
Unfortunately, the dealer is the weak link in the whole car acquiring process. One of the advantages of leasing for me was not having to deal with shady, useless, fleecing and lying dealers. Apart from the slightly longer delay, everything was relatively smooth, until the car arrived. Two days later I realised they had actually put the incorrect number plates on it. The sent correct ones out next day to their credit, but one was drilled badly so it went on wonky. Have just received a replacement which I will fit. It's not the end of the world but does demonstrate the ineptitude involved once the dealer network comes into the equation. Tesla have the right idea by just removing them from the equation. Car dealerships are generally the last refuge of the shyster and one of the last unregulated spaces still around, especially one involving such large sums of money.

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
187 Posts
Unfortunately, the dealer is the weak link in the whole car acquiring process. One of the advantages of leasing for me was not having to deal with shady, useless, fleecing and lying dealers. Apart from the slightly longer delay, everything was relatively smooth, until the car arrived. Two days later I realised they had actually put the incorrect number plates on it. The sent correct ones out next day to their credit, but one was drilled badly so it went on wonky. Have just received a replacement which I will fit. It's not the end of the world but does demonstrate the ineptitude involved once the dealer network comes into the equation. Tesla have the right idea by just removing them from the equation. Car dealerships are generally the last refuge of the shyster and one of the last unregulated spaces still around, especially one involving such large sums of money.
Completely agree, same attraction to leasing for me.

If it was an option Id even skip the washing/prepping and whatever else they do to it, and do it myself.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Barry
had pod point fitted at home 2 years ago, after grant cost me £300, no problems
Christ! I've taken a quote of £600 for the new podpoint tethered and put a deposit down with ecoplugg. To be fair to them they have been fantastic, that's just over double what you paid though so i'm having second thoughts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Christ! I've taken a quote of £600 for the new podpoint tethered and put a deposit down with ecoplugg. To be fair to them they have been fantastic, that's just over double what you paid though so i'm having second thoughts.
I had my podpoint fitted three weeks ago. This was direct though their website. A tethered 7kw charger was £300. This also included a grant from Hyundai, as well as the government grant. The Hyundai grant was automatic as i clicked through to the checkout stage. I just need a car to charge now!

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
187 Posts
I paid Podpoint £300 about 2 weeks ago. The grant thing turned out to be more complicated than I thought. When you are buying on a lease through salary sacrifice the forms need signing by your company, but it isn't a company car, so they are refusing to do that. Podpoint then said they'd except proof of order, I've sent that and nothing has happened.

They have my £300 so I assume they are happy to drag their heels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, mine is a little bit more complex at the moment because they have requested that the supplier fuse (and cables coming in) get upgraded so i'm dealing with that and wouldn't want to interrupt that process as it's taken ~3 months to get it sorted and being done free of charge.

I've just asked them why their price is over double that of podpoint directly, so i'll see what they say!

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
108 Posts
Spent the weekend getting used to driving my new car. I love it and so does my wife and kids - probably because it is a new car as much as it is electric but we are all thrilled nonetheless. All I can say to those who are still waiting is, if you really do want one, the wait will be worth it - hang in there!

In terms of charging, we don't qualify for the OLEV charger grant which is a bit of a pain. On the other side of the coin, I've done my homework and I can probably do most of the install myself for a reasonable cost, with the final connection to the consumer unit and sign off getting done by a qualified lecky. This is my kit list:

Charging unit
Voltage monitoring device (instead of earthing rod)

I'll wire it up with 6mm twin and earth and the lecky will connect it through a B type RCBO at the consumer unit. We are getting the consumer unit replaced in the next month or two so it will make sense to get this done at the same time.

The new 'Amendement 1' to BS 7671 is now out which apparently allows for a voltage monitoring device to substitute for a separate earth on a charging point. In fact it suggests in some instances this may be preferable to avoid the risk of earthing rods accidentally connecting to part of the existing earth for the house. This is worth a watch: 18th Edition wiring regulations BS7671 amendment 1 2020 and EV charger installation

So all in all, materials will cost about £405, and whatever the lecky charges to connect up. I could pay more for a smart charger but at the moment, I just want a working solution and once the wiring is in place, I can always upgrade the charger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered with Leasing Options on 24/10/19. I have been informed that the vehicle has been built (I have a chassis number) and that its on a ship. It's due to the dealer on 21st March. However I can't be sure what ship that is on. I live on the South Coast so assuming that the Port is Tilbury. However Morning Celine arrives around 9/3/20. Does it take ten days or so from the ship to get to the dealer? No other ship seems close unless its at the Immingham Port.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been reading this forum for a while but first time posting!

Finally gotten a date from my lease company, car is meant to arrive at dealer on 24th March. I ordered on 27th November and they originally told me mid-March. I've gone for a Premium SE in Electric Shadow with shale grey interior. Excited!
Now been advised that dealership expects vehicle to arrive in stock 13th April, so about a 3 week delay. I read that Hyundai have closed plants in South Korea because of Coronavirus outbreak. Could this be leading to delays?

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
187 Posts
Now been advised that dealership expects vehicle to arrive in stock 13th April, so about a 3 week delay. I read that Hyundai have closed plants in South Korea because of Coronavirus outbreak. Could this be leading to delays?
I can't see any other outcome. It definitely isn't going to speed it up!

I'm fully expecting later in the summer for mine.

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
108 Posts
Ordered with Leasing Options on 24/10/19. I have been informed that the vehicle has been built (I have a chassis number) and that its on a ship. It's due to the dealer on 21st March. However I can't be sure what ship that is on. I live on the South Coast so assuming that the Port is Tilbury. However Morning Celine arrives around 9/3/20. Does it take ten days or so from the ship to get to the dealer? No other ship seems close unless its at the Immingham Port.
Typically it is a week, and that is how long mine took.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah, mine is a little bit more complex at the moment because they have requested that the supplier fuse (and cables coming in) get upgraded so i'm dealing with that and wouldn't want to interrupt that process as it's taken ~3 months to get it sorted and being done free of charge.

I've just asked them why their price is over double that of podpoint directly, so i'll see what they say!
I'm wondering whether I'll need to do the same, my fuse is rated 60/80.
What with electric oven and hob I would be concern that if all that were running with the charger on and maybe a couple of other big items like the immersion they may deem there's a chance of blowing the fuse? Or could they get round this potential unlikely situation just by fitting an 80A MCB straight off the main fuse before it goes to cu and charge point?

·
Registered
6 Posts
A further delay to my Ioniq just received from Nationwide. From an initial order on 24th October, with an initial estimate of mid-December, that then slipped to January, to February, and now my latest estimate is 3rd of April. I've cancelled the order, enough is enough.

The sceptic in me thinks they're artificially delaying some orders now because they priced this deal far too cheaply! The more people who cancel the more money they save at this point, I expect.

Never mind. I was excited for my first foray into EV driving but I guess it's not going to happen just yet. If anyone was on the waiting list for a fiery red Premium then you might get bumped up the list into my spot..

·
Registered
19 Posts
A further delay to my Ioniq just received from Nationwide. From an initial order on 24th October, with an initial estimate of mid-December, that then slipped to January, to February, and now my latest estimate is 3rd of April. I've cancelled the order, enough is enough.

The sceptic in me thinks they're artificially delaying some orders now because they priced this deal far too cheaply! The more people who cancel the more money they save at this point, I expect.

Never mind. I was excited for my first foray into EV driving but I guess it's not going to happen just yet. If anyone was on the waiting list for a fiery red Premium then you might get bumped up the list into my spot..
Did you at least establish if the vehicle was built and on a ship? I ordered with leasing Options on the very same date. Intense blue and now confirmed on a ship with a chassis number. My date is now 20th March to be with the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Just got the same email. Ordered at very start of October with initial delivery of mid December, then mid January. This slipped to end of Feb. Current car isn't due back until 4th March, so we weren't too concerned. Now it's realistically looking like mid April. One more delay and it's getting cancelled. I've already started looking for stock deals. Pretty gutted if it doesn't work out - was really looking forward to this.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
187 Posts
Just got the same email. Ordered at very start of October with initial delivery of mid December, then mid January. This slipped to end of Feb. Current car isn't due back until 4th March, so we weren't too concerned. Now it's realistically looking like mid April. One more delay and it's getting cancelled. I've already started looking for stock deals. Pretty gutted if it doesn't work out - was really looking forward to this.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk
What colour?

It would interesting to see if colour is making any difference to order times overall...

·
Registered
3 Posts
What colour?

It would interesting to see if colour is making any difference to order times overall...

Same as Caesium - Fiery Red.
Just sent an email to Nationwide asking for the chassis number. If they can't supply me with one or there is another delay, it's getting cancelled.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well it looks like my Premium SE is in stock with the dealer now, almost two months ahead of schedule... I'm just waiting to hear about a delivery date, but I'm incredibly keen to get hold of it! How long did other people have to wait from the point of dealer to delivery?

761 - 780 of 1152 Posts