Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

741 - 760 of 1152 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
190 Posts
Picked up my car this morning, will update my details shortly, only one small problem My HTC android phone has downloaded bluelink ok, but when trying to open app I get message "Jailbroken phone. App disabled." anybody got any ideas? phone was bought new boxed on ebay unlocked!
Possibly at some point along the line you got root access. You could either restore the whole thing or use something like RootCloak to stop the app detecting it.

You do sometimes get false positives with this though - older Xiaomi phones would often get booted by banking apps in this way despite no apparent root/jailbreak.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
108 Posts
Possibly at some point along the line you got root access. You could either restore the whole thing or use something like RootCloak to stop the app detecting it.

You do sometimes get false positives with this though - older Xiaomi phones would often get booted by banking apps in this way despite no apparent root/jailbreak.

I've got a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 so let's see how I get on with it on Friday when I get my car.

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
190 Posts
I've got a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 so let's see how I get on with it on Friday when I get my car.
I still class my Redmi Note 5 as "new", no doubt yours will be fine :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Out of interest Sosh, what spec / colour / interior have you ordered? Sometimes if it is one of the more rarer specifications rather than the more popular ones, then that could delay things? Again, nobody really knows why some are delayed, we are fumbling around for answers.
It's Premium/Fluidic Metal. They say it's a rare colour, and that's the reason for the delay, but they never mentioned it is taking longer when I was placing my order.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That seems to follow most people's experiences on here. I ordered first week of October, due March. Overall around 5 months
I don't think what they do is right. Maybe we should do something about this. We can talk to the media...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good to hear, hopefully mines on the same boat! Should I bother sending an email to LO, is that how you found out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine has been in stock at a dealer 50 Miles away for a week and a half now. Been told by the leasing company it's taking time to get it registered and sort out the government grant money. They should be booking a delivery slot on Monday. Another weekend without my new car :( I thought the hard bit would be building the thing and shipping it half way round the world, not pushing some paper in Stock on Trent

·
Registered
99 Posts
Whilst I agree that the ordering and delivery process is less than ideal, I somehow think now is not the best time to raise any publicity around the issues. The media will just jump on this as more doom and gloom re the 2035 deadline

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
190 Posts
It would be non-story anyway. "Customers slow to get cars due to level of demand"...doesn't sound that out of the ordinary. Plenty of cars have long waiting lists I suppose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I actually have a chassis number and confirmation it's on the ship! Looks like mine might have been one of the last ones before they shut... so let's hope it's coronavirus free

I'd advise those that had a mid march date to check and explicitly ask for a chassis number which is how I found out.

"Vehicle was shipped on 4/02 and is due to arrive in the UK around 10/03".

I still don't quite believe it... I guess time to get my fuse upgraded and my charger in. New people for me to poke now!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I actually have a chassis number and confirmation it's on the ship! Looks like mine might have been one of the last ones before they shut... so let's hope it's coronavirus free

I'd advise those that had a mid march date to check and explicitly ask for a chassis number which is how I found out.

I still don't quite believe it... I guess time to get my fuse upgraded and my charger in. New people for me to poke now!
Have you worked out which ship?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Picked up my car this morning, will update my details shortly, only one small problem My HTC android phone has downloaded bluelink ok, but when trying to open app I get message "Jailbroken phone. App disabled." anybody got any ideas? phone was bought new boxed on ebay unlocked!
They have rooted it to unlock it and then put it back in the box. Download "root checker" and see if root is indeed installed.

If it is, you have a few options:

1) Hide the root from the app, the way to do this will depend on how the root was installed
2) Reset everything to stock, but depending of how they did the unlock, you may lose the unlock

I would start by contacting them and ask for explanation.

·
Registered
28 Posts

I have contacted LO to see if I have a chassis number. As of mid Jan I didn't have one but they're contacting the dealership for an update. I ordered Premium Fluidic Metallic on 5th October.

If it hasn't been shipped, then with the Coronavirus shutdown its likely to be months before I get it. Sad times.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have contacted LO to see if I have a chassis number. As of mid Jan I didn't have one but they're contacting the dealership for an update. I ordered Premium Fluidic Metallic on 5th October.

If it hasn't been shipped, then with the Coronavirus shutdown its likely to be months before I get it. Sad times.
Good news finally :-D

I have a chassis no and the ship is due to dock on the 1st/2nd March and expected at the dealership 16/03. Happy times!

Does anyone know the name of the boat? It would be nice to track it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks nice, hope you enjoy it.

I have had an update from my leasing company to say that they now expect delivery to be week commencing 16th March. Was 27th April before :)

Need to get the home charger sorted out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Iron Grey Premium arrived lunchtime today too, with 67miles left in it. Thanks Holdcroft. So far so pleased, its a quality little motor car, currently on the 13a plug getting charged up so I can play out tomorrow.

Had a couple of install quotes for 7kw chargers and they're coming in at £450/480 mark AFTER OLEV for Rolecs. Anyone got better suggestions, based in NW? I'm in Cheshire fwiw.

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
453 Posts
Barry
had pod point fitted at home 2 years ago, after grant cost me £300, no problems

·
Registered
17 Posts
Barry
had pod point fitted at home 2 years ago, after grant cost me £300, no problems
Was it a smart model Pod Point? It's the new smart models only for OLEV grant that's doing it I think, the installers are using it to push prices up.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Barry
dont know difference, it was organised though dealer at time of car purchase. just looked on pod point website, they only show with socket or tethered, I opted for tethered as at the time it was same price and saves having to get cable from boot! I see now its £30 dearer. but no mention of smart model.

741 - 760 of 1152 Posts