Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

221 - 240 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
For those who have already received theirs @philsuarez has created a thread to discuss real world range

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Just been told I'm getting it delivered Monday 1st Dec. Just three weeks after ordering through a broker. The mystery of the electric shadow colour will then be solved!
Congratulations. Which broker/dealer is it? Do you know? That's great service. Looks like your car is on the MORNING LISA

·
Registered
7 Posts
After looking at the comments over the past few weeks I decided to talk to my salesman yesterday. It was a bit perplexing really.
Apparently my car is waiting on the dockside for shipment but it does not have an allocated chassis number yet just the original order number.
I would have thought if it was built it should have a chassis number, or am I wrong?
He still tells me it will be a mid Jan delivery, but I am starting to wonder especially as when I ordered the car in October it was on the dockside awaiting shipment. It appears to have missed a few ships since then.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Morning Lisa has arrived in Tilbury!
After looking at the comments over the past few weeks I decided to talk to my salesman yesterday. It was a bit perplexing really.
Apparently my car is waiting on the dockside for shipment but it does not have an allocated chassis number yet just the original order number.
I would have thought if it was built it should have a chassis number, or am I wrong?
He still tells me it will be a mid Jan delivery, but I am starting to wonder especially as when I ordered the car in October it was on the dockside awaiting shipment. It appears to have missed a few ships since then.
That is quite strange! I'd ask do you have a date written in your agreement?

I'm not sure what to suggest. It sounds we're all at the whim of Hyundai and have no rights and just have to wait for the car to come when it does?

I feel really grateful and lucky that I might manage to get one because I was one of the first orders.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Had it confirmed today. Car will be delivered to my door by Hyundai Monday 2nd December. I'm counting the days! 🚗🚗🚗
Fantastic! That's the quickest turnaround ever. Do you know which dealer is preparing the car? Did they tell you or did you have to ask them for the date?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Having been notified that our delivery date will no longer be mid-December with a suggestion that it may now be the end of February or beyond, I've started looking around for leasing deals on other EVs here in the UK and have seen one for the 40kw Nissan Leaf in Acenta spec with immediate delivery. The deposits a little higher but its 10k miles a year as apposed to 8k we've got for our on order Ioniq, and it's only around £15 per month more expensive. I've never sat in let alone driven a Leaf and haven't had a chance to look at the spec or range yet, does anyone have any experience or thoughts.......does this sound like a good deal?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've never sat in let alone driven a Leaf and haven't had a chance to look at the spec or range yet, does anyone have any experience or thoughts.......does this sound like a good deal?
I know someone who has the 30KWh leaf and in terms of quality of build, drive etc there are no issues. However, here are my top 5 reasons why I went for the Ioniq over the Leaf (and others):

1. Looks - I don't like the look of it (ok, I know this is subjective but it matters to me :p )
  2. Range - the Leaf is not as efficient as the Ioniq and people complain a lot about accuracy of reported range to empty. The Ioniq seems to be more accurate and for my first EV, I want to have confidence in what the car can do especially to reduce any range anxiety I might have.
  3. Battery cooling - long been an issue with the Leaf and they haven't fixed it in the 40 KWh version either. If you go on a long trip and do a lot or rapid charging, that battery is going to get hot and affect performance.
  4. Battery degradation - again seems to be a lot of degradation although this might be less of a worry if you are only leasing for a few years.
  5. Charging with CHAdeMO. Whilst the standard is pretty good, it looks like it is set to become the Betamax of charging with CCS being favoured by most other manufacturers and some charging providers such as Ionity not catering for CHAdeMO at all.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I ordered an Ioniq 38 kWh Premium Plus today, and I will get it on Friday - just two days from now! The fast delivery is due to it being a car that the dealer had in stock. I would have preferred the Premium trim (without the "Plus"), but I got a really great deal which shaved off a lot of the price difference. If I had insisted on the Premium trim, I would have had to wait at least a couple of months, possibly more.

Like many of you have already reported, they don't have any rubber mats yet that fit this car. Instead, I will get protective textile mats for free, which might have been a more expensive option.

Time to say goodbye to my trusty 2018 Ioniq Plug-In and go fully electric!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I ordered an Ioniq 38 kWh Premium Plus today, and I will get it on Friday - just two days from now! The fast delivery is due to it being a car that the dealer had in stock. I would have preferred the Premium trim (without the "Plus"), but I got a really great deal which shaved off a lot of the price difference. If I had insisted on the Premium trim, I would have had to wait at least a couple of months, possibly more.

Like many of you have already reported, they don't have any rubber mats yet that fit this car. Instead, I will get protective textile mats for free, which might have been a more expensive option.

Time to say goodbye to my trusty 2018 Ioniq Plug-In and go fully electric!
Congrats on going fully electric. I was just wondering if you were like me and used the plug in hybrid to get the confidence to go fully electric?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats on going fully electric. I was just wondering if you were like me and used the plug in hybrid to get the confidence to go fully electric?
That's pretty much it, yes. I made a habit of driving the PHEV as much as possible on electricity, but found that the 45-55 km electric range wasn't quite enough for my needs. If I had known what I know today, I would probably have gone for the electric model from day one.

Still, I think that the PHEV is a sensible choice if you want to get your feet wet.

(Several years ago, I quite literally got my feet wet in a Saab 900 when I had a coolant leak...) :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
That's pretty much it, yes. I made a habit of driving the PHEV as much as possible on electricity, but found that the 45-55 km electric range wasn't quite enough for my needs. If I had known what I know today, I would probably have gone for the electric model from day one.

Still, I think that the PHEV is a sensible choice if you want to get your feet wet.

(Several years ago, I quite literally got my feet wet in a Saab 900 when I had a coolant leak...) :)
Congratulations! I should be getting mine in the next week or so here in the UK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys , Im in Ireland & just ordered the new Ioniq Premium in Blue Colour , with delivery due first week in January - looking forward to it :)
Im also going to get a Zappi car charger in case i get some Solar or wind later on .

·
Registered
18 Posts
We had a new email from Nationwide Vehicle Contracts reconfirming a 'date to the supplier' of the 16th Jan 2020. It's my birthday on the 24th Jan so maybe I'll get a big present on my birthday!

·
Registered
26 Posts
We had a new email from Nationwide Vehicle Contracts reconfirming a 'date to the supplier' of the 16th Jan 2020. It's my birthday on the 24th Jan so maybe I'll get a big present on my birthday!
That's excellent, so does this mean Hyundai are back on track?

221 - 240 of 337 Posts