Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • Question of The Week Is LIVE In The Off-Topic Section!

201 - 220 of 1148 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
108 Posts
Hyundai have put some pretty good offers out there and are marketing the Ioniq quite heavily on their website, as are a lot of leasing companies. Good thing for EVs in general. Not great for delayed orders though! Let's hope it doesn't get to the kind of delays they are seeing with the Kona!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Getting heartily sick of 'due to unpresedented demand' - Haven't these companies worked out that people want EVs yet? Particularly after the Kona. Can't really see execs saying - there's no demand for these so we'll only make half a dozen!! Iritating and disingenuous in my opinion.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Getting heartily sick of 'due to unpresedented demand' - Haven't these companies worked out that people want EVs yet? Particularly after the Kona. Can't really see execs saying - there's no demand for these so we'll only make half a dozen!! Iritating and disingenuous in my opinion.
I heard that they were expecting less demand due to the Kona (people would pick Kona over this). But because of the £199 lease deals that was completely not the case (maybe still would've been not the case)...

It's either that or they are holding off until Jan 1st 2020 when stricter EU emission regulations come into force!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, just had the EO Mini Pro installed. Isolator switch all included along with the earth rod, 960 total cost.

For reference, see below..

Would thoroughly recommend McNally EV, who have these on offer at the moment for 395 :D

That being said, it's an extra 65 for an earth rod if fitting outside (not in a garage basically).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good news .... just two weeks after ordering through a broker, I'm informed "vehicle is coming into stock" . Not got an exact date yet, but hopefully should be soon. A few posts back we got into a discussion about Electric Shadow colour being solid at zero cost or metallic at £565. I'm told by the supplier, that with the new version of the car, Hyundai changed the colour from solid to metallic and he forwarded me a copy of the prices to confirm this, however he has discounted this to around £525.

Reactions: Metcast

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good news .... just two weeks after ordering through a broker, I'm informed "vehicle is coming into stock" . Not got an exact date yet, but hopefully should be soon. A few posts back we got into a discussion about Electric Shadow colour being solid at zero cost or metallic at £565. I'm told by the supplier, that with the new version of the car, Hyundai changed the colour from solid to metallic and he forwarded me a copy of the prices to confirm this, however he has discounted this to around £525.
What does Electric Shadow actually look like? The image from the Hyundai uk website we used to choose the colour from looks nothing like the battleship grey I think it might be. (But I’m colourblind!)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I must confess, I haven't seen it. When I placed my order for quick delivery it was this colour or nothing. So I took a chance. I dont mind if its grey, blue or bluey grey. I'll post some pics when it arrives,

·
Registered
116 Posts
What does Electric Shadow actually look like? The image from the Hyundai uk website we used to choose the colour from looks nothing like the battleship grey I think it might be. (But I’m colourblind!)
Agree, it does look metallic on the website, but it was certainly a no cost option for me on a lease. Will have to see when it turns up ( if it turns up!)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I sent an email to Hyundai customer services to ask if they can clarify.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an Ioniq 38kWh on order through Drive Electric. Estimated (but not confirmed) deliver is 21st Jan. Deep down I think it's more likely to be February though. Currently driving a 30kWh leaf and really looking forward to my Iron Grey car :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Ioniqs destined for Quebec will arrive from Vancouver mid December. So they cross Canada… Try to estimate yours. Dealers have no clue about prices and options.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an Ioniq 38kWh on order through Drive Electric. Estimated (but not confirmed) deliver is 21st Jan. Deep down I think it's more likely to be February though. Currently driving a 30kWh leaf and really looking forward to my Iron Grey car :)
Registered just to add some data to this thread, and as I've got a similar situation. 38kwh Iron Grey ordered through DriveElectric. My estimated delivery is 28/02/2020 apparently, and judging by the comments in this thread I have a feeling that will slip.
My first lease car, and my first EV for that matter (parents have an Ioniq already, Leaf 24kwh before that).

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
108 Posts
Registered just to add some data to this thread, and as I've got a similar situation. 38kwh Iron Grey ordered through DriveElectric. My estimated delivery is 28/02/2020 apparently, and judging by the comments in this thread I have a feeling that will slip.
My first lease car, and my first EV for that matter (parents have an Ioniq already, Leaf 24kwh before that).
Thanks BarryT. Out of interest, when did you order?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks BarryT. Out of interest, when did you order?
Docs were sent to me 6/11/19, returned to them 8/11, assuming that's the point the order triggers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I went into the garage, they had a swatch wall - I didn't take a photo of Electric Shadow, but it might be worth popping in to see them

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
108 Posts
Docs were sent to me 6/11/19, returned to them 8/11, assuming that's the point the order triggers.
Yeah, mine was ordered just last week on the 14/11. I haven't been given any estimated build / delivery date as of yet - it does seem that a lot on here who have ordered where given a date at the point of order or soon thereafter. The dealership ordering the car for my lease have said
Hyundai UK are just awaiting build plan dates etc .
So perhaps orders going through the system right now are not being assigned any build date due to uncertainty?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered mine (Fiery Red Premium SE) for July next year when my existing lease runs out. Drive Electric got in touch and and advised me to get an order in even though I have 8 months to go on my existing lease !

201 - 220 of 1148 Posts