Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with all this rain, it's been getting humid inside and fogging up the windscreen. Premium only has 1 button, that says 'Front' and it's crap. Why does it have to be on full to work? Plus it uses AC. And it would be a lot nicer if it was just a heated front screen. I just kept switching on and off all journey. Using the 'normal' setting for windscreen and footwell doesn't seem to work, even with the blowers on half.
Anyone else notice this?

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
It's been fogging up well for me this week . Generally a short burst clears it though . I tend to drive with the window down and it tends to stay clear ....just waiting for the ragtop Ioniq ;)

·
Registered
725 Posts
So with all this rain, it's been getting humid inside and fogging up the windscreen. Premium only has 1 button, that says 'Front' and it's crap. Why does it have to be on full to work? Plus it uses AC. And it would be a lot nicer if it was just a heated front screen. I just kept switching on and off all journey. Using the 'normal' setting for windscreen and footwell doesn't seem to work, even with the blowers on half.

Anyone else notice this?

Heated windscreen. You must have had a ford :) it was nice.

I just run the car with the aircon on. Sorts out any fogging issues. Do you have the auto windscreen defog function on yours Tess? I've never had a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
725 Posts

Anyone else notice this?

And was this fogging happening whilst driving or in the layby?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heated windscreen. You must have had a ford :) it was nice.

I just run the car with the aircon on. Sorts out any fogging issues. Do you have the auto windscreen defog function on yours Tess? I've never had a problem

Yes I did. It was nice. And what is this auto defog I keep hearing about? Don't think I've got it.

And it was the rain thank you! I have not done anything dodgy in my Ioniq 0:)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yes I did. It was nice. And what is this auto defog I keep hearing about? Don't think I've got it.

And it was the rain thank you! I have not done anything dodgy in my Ioniq 0:)

Ah it may be a premium SE feature. I have it and it works a treat

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How dare u! I've never been beaten by an i3!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the SEL and it has the "auto defrost" as I can see the defrost icon turn on and off as it works.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have the SEL and it has the "auto defrost" as I can see the defrost icon turn on and off as it works.
I assume you mean demist/defog :)

Its a feature on the Premium SE in the UK...I think it comes with the auto wipers(?) as it has a humidity sensor in the top of the windscreen which I assume is in the same package of sensors/electronics on the screen top for the wipers.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Personally looking at a Premium SE Hybrid, just doing the figures.
I think the most common is the Premium as it gives the best features for the price...its the one I was going for but the dealer had a Premium SE being delivered unsold that could be got before the car tax changes that was a Premium SE so I went for it....

To me the only feature I was bothered about on the Prem SE was the auto wipers at the time as I like them but it was a non-essential. I justified the Prem SE on tax savings offsetting the price diff and being able to keep the leather seats looking cleaner too :)

Actually having got it I think the blind Spot detection is great and I love it. I thought it would be an annoyance but it is really good.

All the other extras are great and I forget about the auto defog al the time because you dont even notice it quietly doing its job!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think the most common is the Premium as it gives the best features for the price...its the one I was going for but the dealer had a Premium SE being delivered unsold that could be got before the car tax changes that was a Premium SE so I went for it....

To me the only feature I was bothered about on the Prem SE was the auto wipers at the time as I like them but it was a non-essential. I justified the Prem SE on tax savings offsetting the price diff and being able to keep the leather seats looking cleaner too :)

Actually having got it I think the blind Spot detection is great and I love it. I thought it would be an annoyance but it is really good.

All the other extras are great and I forget about the auto defog al the time because you dont even notice it quietly doing its job!
Oh and it makes me more posh than Tess >:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts