Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just ordered the car and have two questions related to ev mileage.

First, is there a way to see how many miles/km I drove in ev mode in total?

How much time (in percentage) can I expect to be driving in ev only mode with the Ioniq hybrid?

Thank you very much in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,842 Posts
1. Not on the original Hybrid , don't know about the 2020
2 . How long is a piece of string ? Depends on driving style really . Try to drive at a steady speed and regenerate battery as much as possible . Very difficult to put a figure on it because there are so many variables , terrain, temperature , wet weather etc . Overall I think you'll be pleased :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Renault says that its hybrid Clio will be able to do 80% of city driving in ev mode, I was wondering about if there’s this claim as well for the Ioniq.

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,842 Posts
From previous experience of Renault's advertised BS ,I would take the " up to 80% claim with a very large pinch of salt . After all 2% is up to 80% which makes it a meaningless claim . It's only a 1.2KWh battery about 2/3 of the size of the Ioniq Hybrid so I can't see it performing better

·
Registered
422 Posts
The Ioniq does show how efficiently you are driving. The higher the number, the higher it uses the EV mode. I do not think, for the money, there is a more efficient non-plugin hybrid on the market than the Ioniq. I live in a hilly area and this week I am averaging mid 50 mpg with the temps in the low 50's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I observed EV mode once when I was on a highway. I think I was able to clock approx. 5km(average 80km/h) on EV mode, on a 75% charge, on a highway before ICE kicked-in to charge again at 30% charge. My Ioniq hybrid does 28km/L(79mpg?) in summer(this was after software upgrade, I was able to read max. 30Km/L before upgrade) and 19km/L(53mpg?) during winter(after upgrade). At the moment, at 4deg celcius, it is doing 25km/L(70mpg?). City and highway driving, not hilly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts