Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems more US orientated with the 12v battery button, but still useful info.

I would have thought the cable to the battery would have been inside along the centre of the car to give it more protection, but there again it probably needs to be easy to inspect.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Many Thanks. Interesting piece of documentation.
Now at least I know how to put my jack under the car when mounting a spare wheel.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I can tell you from first hand experience, it is a pain in the rear to use, with a flat on the front you have to virtually flatten the jack right down, then the handle scrapes the ground when you try to wind the jack up

the jacking points are recessed in the sill cover and also a pain to find in the dark as well

using the front camera on your phone makes it easier to work out

·
Registered
166 Posts
Seems more US orientated with the 12v battery button, but still useful info.

I would have thought the cable to the battery would have been inside along the centre of the car to give it more protection, but there again it probably needs to be easy to inspect.
No, it would be prone to damage from any cargo and or occupants and occupants would then potentially be exposed to a high voltage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On page 28, a diagram shows the recommended connections for a jump start. As is common for all vehicles the description says 'positive to positive and negative to negative'.... in essence paralleling the two batteries.

The picture however seems to tell a different story. In my mind it shows a connection between the Ioniq + terminal .... through the blue wire to the assist negative terminal. And the Ioniq negative terminal seems to be connected to the assist positive terminal. This of course would be a dead short with some pretty dramatic and damaging results. If so, this is a pretty significant errata!

Or am I mis-reading the diagram?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd like to give this a bump and get a few more people to have a look at my concern. To that end I have attached a diagram showing the Kia Niro diagram for jump starting and the Ioniq jump starting diagram included in the document at the top of this thread. Remember that the emergency response document is likely to be used by people unfamiliar with hybrid technology so they would likely take this as gospel.
Please have a look at the Ioniq diagram and tell me if it shows positive to positive, negative to negative and the text describes. Also, be aware that an emergency situation might be more likely to utilize diagrams than taking the time to read the text.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts