Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just just hit 30k, i ordered the hsg belt replacement tool.... called my dealer to order the belt,,,,, they dont have it and never ordered one yet....im guessing there are 2017 models they sold with the original belt..... granted mine looks new, i could wait till 60k... but ill order it online and replace it

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,094 Posts
My dealer didn't want to replace at 60k either. It still looked good. Now I'm at close to 70k so might just do it regardless of how it looks. How much did that tool cost? Mine is a 2017 model as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,999 Posts
Now I don't actually remember this being done on any previous service and I'm now on 120.000. Thought I'd look to check out visually and it's not looking good.
Picture below. Not looking good.
Pulleys looking slightly worn!!
View attachment 32063
I think , though I may be wrong ) the HSG belt is changed every 50,000 miles . So yours should have been changed at least twice . Maybe have Hyundai have a quick assessment of the pulley wear ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
those scratches on the pulley are not a problem, the wear will show as cracking on the belt ribs.... to check the pulleys the belt is removed and the pulley bearings can be checked for play and noise

Now I don't actually remember this being done on any previous service and I'm now on 120.000. Thought I'd look to check out visually and it's not looking good.
View attachment 32063

·
Registered
518 Posts
View attachment 32063
It looks like some type of grit has scared the pulley. Do you drive in a dusty/sandy or salty environment?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts