Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't got that map update, but no reason to suspect you have failed to find it. Very disappointing as a very useful feature once one took the trouble to understand how to use it.
My navigation is updated at my Hyundai dealer, which is always very careful and has a good sense of electric cars. In all other contexts. Navigation works perfectly - and has many new and useful features.

·
Registered
806 Posts
My navigation is updated at my Hyundai dealer, which is always very careful and has a good sense of electric cars. In all other contexts. Navigation works perfectly - and has many new and useful features.
Except that the option to import POI has been removed! Other than that I agree the latest version has many new useful features and works perfectly whether self installed or installed by a dealer.;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi did you manage to figure this out and how to add POI's ???

Gav
Except that the option to import POI has been removed! Other than that I agree the latest version has many new useful features and works perfectly whether self installed or installed by a dealer.;)
Thanks for your reply. I will proceed with an explaining E-mail to my Hyundai dealer and from the dealer to Hyundai Denmark. The different replies in ioniqforum.com will be at part of it, but of course only clean text without any names or anything like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the latest update installed on my 2017 BEV and have just been out to the car to look through the menus. It seems you are correct in saying the POI from USB has gone. All I could find in settings was an option to export address book to USB and above that a greyed out Import address book from USB. Maybe this latter option comes live when you insert a USB stick? Possibly these options have the same function as the previous POI from USB?
I have now received a response from Hyundai Denmark regarding the lack of GPX import for the latest navigation update. Hyundai writes:
"I can inform that the feature mentioned has been removed with the latest 2020 (EUR.12.41) update. It is NOT a mistake..It has been completely proven by LGE". Quote end.
Based on that message, the GPX feature will not reappear on subsequent updates and it is a shame - I think.

·
Registered
560 Posts
"I can inform that the feature mentioned has been removed with the latest 2020 (EUR.12.41) update. It is NOT a mistake..It has been completely proven by LGE". Quote end.
Based on that message, the GPX feature will not reappear on subsequent updates and it is a shame - I think
Thank you @IoniqThrust for following that up. Unfortuantely it is not without precedent. The max mpgallon display on the 2017 PHEV and maybe later is 99.9 which is a nonsense and they decided not to correct that.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have now received a response from Hyundai Denmark regarding the lack of GPX import for the latest navigation update. Hyundai writes:
Based on that message, the GPX feature will not reappear on subsequent updates and it is a shame - I think.
Thanks for the update. Bit disappointing and short sighted of Hyundai.
Perhaps some software expert will come up with a workkround.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts