Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got online connection of the Ioniq to work and got charging point (CP) list updated by EV-button menu, but the list is incomplete. Many CP's that i know are missing. Where did this list come from?

Do i have possibility to update source of the CP list i.e. with internet browser in some address or is there other way to update POI's i.e. directly into the car i.e. with USB stick?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think the only way is to get a map or software update?????
I have asked this question before but never got an answer. Its a shame that you have to use "Plug share" or "Zap map" on your phone, when you are supposed to have live POI's on the system.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Probably this tool can help me on gpx file creation: GPX-POI file generator
Has somebody tried it?

I do not know gpx-format but i was thinking if one working POI-entry record can be multiplied by copy/paste and then edited to be unique street entry. I think i will need only less than 30 chargers so my list could be done manually. Or is it human readable format at all?

I have to learn it.

·
Super Moderator
8,047 Posts
hopefully at some point as EV's and plugins become more popular location of charge points will become a live service like location of cameras

but at the moment there are not enough EV's on the road for the sat nav makers to invest the time and money for what at the moment is a niche market

but i am disappointed that podpoint don't produce a POI file, especially as they are the Hyundai partner for charging points

·
Registered
2 Posts
I downloaded the gpx database from ev charging but there I didn't see any Irish charge points. I also didn't manage to see them when pressing the charge stations button in the EV window. There is a limit of 5000 points. There were over 10,000 points on the memory stick.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I also downloaded charging station location file from ev-charging.com. Then i opened it with notepad++ application. File was kind of XML format that includes tag pairs. I removed all the unnecessary (i just only need national ones) records and saved file to USB stick. Reading it was OK, so this method is usable.

But the list of chargers appears on the My POI list menu and it is not showed in the navigators Nearest Charger search results and not showed as a charging point symbol on the map.

I can live with My POI list menu.

Another missing feature is lack of ability to add automatically charging station into the map if successfully charged on some charging point that is not yet on the map.

I am bit disappointed as charging point handling with navigator was better in Nissan Leaf.

·
Super Moderator
8,047 Posts
this is the sort of information we need to feed back to Hyundai in a constructive way, as this makes journey planning harder for long runs for EV owners

the biggest issue is the age of the maps and the PoI data, I was told Thursday that there was a map update just released for the Ioniq, may be an idea if one of the EV owners could get the update and see if the charge points are better

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have had mine for 7 days and to be honest the charging points are not any better.

Very much out of date i was thinking of adding points to my favourites when i go to say Anglesey in wales in the summer with the family, taking note of the places i want to go and adding only say the best 10 for my week away, not a perfect solution but might help

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has somebody tried it?

I do not know gpx-format but i was thinking if one working POI-entry record can be multiplied by copy/paste and then edited to be unique street entry. I think i will need only less than 30 chargers so my list could be done manually. Or is it human readable format at all?

I have to learn it.

Hi did you manage to figure this out and how to add POI's ???

Gav

·
Registered
247 Posts
Has somebody tried it?

I have to learn it.

You can import also .kml format files into your POI, not only .gpx. I created a kml file using Google Earth for Fastned chargers in the Netherlands (63 stations). Works fine. The only thing is that they are ordered alphabetically, not by distance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Import my POI from USB
I have April 2020 updated the navigation to ver. 12.41 in my Ioniq EV and have discovered that - for me - there is an important function that has disappeared - or I just can't find it. It has always been such that you can import .GPX files (or KML-files) for navigation. These may be POIs you have created yourself or routes you have created via Maps to GPX Converter. I have used it quite a bit when I have been traveling and of course still want it.
In the previous version of the navigation the function was called: Import my POI from USB. Hope someone can help find the import feature again.
Wonder why Hyundai - or whoever is updating these maps - has chosen to remove this very useful feature. You can create routes directly into the navigation, but it is both difficult and primitive way to do it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Wonder why Hyundai - or whoever is updating these maps - has chosen to remove this very useful feature
I haven't got that map update, but no reason to suspect you have failed to find it. Very disappointing as a very useful feature once one took the trouble to understand how to use it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Import my POI from USB
I have April 2020 updated the navigation to ver. 12.41 in my Ioniq EV and have discovered that - for me - there is an important function that has disappeared - or I just can't find it. It has always been such that you can import .GPX files (or KML-files) for navigation. These may be POIs you have created yourself or routes you have created via Maps to GPX Converter. I have used it quite a bit when I have been traveling and of course still want it.
In the previous version of the navigation the function was called: Import my POI from USB. Hope someone can help find the import feature again.
Wonder why Hyundai - or whoever is updating these maps - has chosen to remove this very useful feature. You can create routes directly into the navigation, but it is both difficult and primitive way to do it.
I have the latest update installed on my 2017 BEV and have just been out to the car to look through the menus. It seems you are correct in saying the POI from USB has gone. All I could find in settings was an option to export address book to USB and above that a greyed out Import address book from USB. Maybe this latter option comes live when you insert a USB stick? Possibly these options have the same function as the previous POI from USB?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't got that map update, but no reason to suspect you have failed to find it. Very disappointing as a very useful feature once one took the trouble to understand how to use it.
Thanks for your reply. The first picture shows the menu as it was in the previous navigation rev. (11.41) - blue marking - and the next picture - with red marking - shows the same menu as it is in the latest rev. (12.41). As you can see - the text line for importing from USB is missing. The third image is from a Hyundai Kona from 2020 where this item exists. I think it is a programming mistake on the Ioniq navigation update. The text is in danish, but I suppose it is understandable anyway. I will contact the Danish importer of Hyundai cars and point out this very unfortunate defect so that it will hopefully be included in the next release. It would be convenient if some in other countries would do the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the latest update installed on my 2017 BEV and have just been out to the car to look through the menus. It seems you are correct in saying the POI from USB has gone. All I could find in settings was an option to export address book to USB and above that a greyed out Import address book from USB. Maybe this latter option comes live when you insert a USB stick? Possibly these options have the same function as the previous POI from USB?
Thanks for your reply.
Please see my reply above including 3 pictures.
The first picture is from my Ioniq with navigation rev. 11.41 and the second picture fom my latest update (rev. 12.41).
In comparison, I found the third image on Youtube, which is from a Hyundai Kona from 2020 where this menu item is present.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts