Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to switch off the main screen when the power is off? When I am sitting in car waiting on my wife who is shopping in the store the screen gives the warning message to switch on power as I am using the 12 volt battery. So far the only way to switch off the screen is to open the door and close it again without getting out!

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
There's an option in the menu on the Hybrid to switch the screen off ....haven't tried it though ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Isn't joining your wife and go shopping an option? ?

Reactions: Peter

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Isn't joining your wife and go shopping an option? ?
I suspect like many of us he has discover the wife buys less if she has to carry her purchases back to the car herself >:):nerd:>:)

i'll head to the naughty corner now :)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
I agree. Whilst she may spend more when I am not with my wife, at least I can sit there enjoying some comfortable seats and so on. With her I just get wound up by her indecision when choosing stuff
Sounds like we're talking about the same person;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm sorry guys, I brought you off-topic ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Press and hold the volume control knob (not the one on the steering wheel). That puts the system into stand-by. Found that out by chance yesterday.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the answer I got from Hyundai UK:
"Hi Bob, I have had confirmation from our Tech team that this is part of the specification for this model. AVN Screen stays on even after ignition turned off for 3 minutes, then it turns off or the screen turns off just after door open. Hope this helps. Thank you again for getting in contact."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts