Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

how to setup phone with satnav

30K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  BobMcFish 
#1 ·
my first youtube video (excuse the poor camera work :( )

I will redo it later but does this sort of thing help people?

#2 ·
Peter, great video thanks a million. I do have one question though, once my phone is connected, all my contacts are repeated, ie, two home numbers, two work numbers, etc. Most annoying. What am I doing wrong.

OB

#4 ·
That happens a lot, and it has something to do with the programming logic and that almost all phones can store the contacts in 2 places, the SIM card and the phone internal memory. After synch'ing you end up with 2 of everything. I have not figured out if I'm doing something incorrectly or it's bad programming. I never bothered to investigate, and as I don't save that many contacts on my phone, I just delete one when I don't have anything better to do.

#3 ·
@Ou Boet

not sure I have never seen duplicate contacts on mine or heard of them

what sort of phone you got, (make , model , operating system)? perhaps someone else has seen it and can help

I tried to show as many of the issues we get on the forum as possible, biggest being setting up the live services

#7 ·
that's what I did it for as there were long threads about getting live traffic working etc.

people not understanding the difference of connecting via Bluetooth and wifi tethering and which did what

I will redo the video in a week or so and hopefully improve my camera work with my phone :)

any suggestions for other "how to" videos gratefully received

#8 · (Edited)
Thank you for the Very informative video.

There are some minor differences on my PHEV,
1. There is no phone button under media display, have to use steering wheel buton
2. There are 2 Navigation menus, one which is accessed by the all menus icon on display, and one which is displayed via the setup button under the media display,only the one via the settings button, gives the navigation options like camera alert.

Have set mine up, but have not yet road tested it. If I switch my phone off I have to reselect portable Wi-Fi hotspot, when I turn it on again (android Phone)

I think this video would be useful as a Sticky

Attachments

#9 ·
I haven't tried this on our Ioniq yet but a friend of mine whose car (a Ford) has CarPlay has seen the double contacts list. It happened when he connected the phone with bluetooth and downloaded his address book initially into the car. Then when he connected the phone via USB, and CarPlay kicks in, the car reads the phone's address book and presents the contacts a second time. He resolved it by erasing the address book that was uploaded over bluetooth.

The upside is that you no longer have double entries. The downside is that the car can only access the phone that's connected over USB. However, even over bluetooth, he could have Siri make calls for him without the contact info being in the car's memory.

#12 ·
I had to watch your video again, because I wasn't getting speed camera updates, but I had missed the bit that in addition to WiFi, they also have to be enabled in the Navigation menu.
I have some more questions - who supplies the service, and how much data is being downloaded?
My previous car was a Leaf, so I am used to the telematics being provided transparently.
Anyway, thanks for a useful guide.
Tony

#13 ·
#18 ·
Outside of North America it will use a wifi hotspot created by your phone for traffic updates. Inside North America it has no wifi capabilities at all, and gets traffic data from either Sirius XM (subscription required) or HD Radio (local availability permitting).

It will not 'make wifi' for occupants to use.

#20 · (Edited)
That happens a ton, and it has something to do with the programming rationale and that practically everything telephones can store the contacts in 2 places, the SIM card and the telephone inside memory. Subsequent to highest quality SARMs for sale on the market synch'ing you end up with 2 of everything. I have not sorted out whether or not I'm accomplishing something erroneously or it's awful programming. I never tried to explore, and as I don't save that many contacts on my telephone, I simply erase one when I have nothing better to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.