Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
So I've bought a bunch of sound deadener and antivibration stuff during the Prime sale on Amazon.
I've seen a few videos on how to remove the doors and trunk covers. What I didn't consider was that OFCOURSE the lower trunk in the PHEV has a battery compartment there.
It does seem as i will be able to work around it.

Has anyone tried to remove the lower trunk cover on the PHEV model?
It seems to be bolted on from the bottom some how..

Also, I suspect that this little thing is a heater for the colder days, right?

Any help or other experience you can share would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq PHEV
47 Posts
Hi everyone.
So I've bought a bunch of sound deadener and antivibration stuff during the Prime sale on Amazon.
I've seen a few videos on how to remove the doors and trunk covers. What I didn't consider was that OFCOURSE the lower trunk in the PHEV has a battery compartment there.
It does seem as i will be able to work around it.

Has anyone tried to remove the lower trunk cover on the PHEV model?
It seems to be bolted on from the bottom some how..

View attachment 32768

Also, I suspect that this little thing is a heater for the colder days, right?

View attachment 32769

Any help or other experience you can share would be greatly appreciated. :)
dont know how to remove but that ducting is the battery cooling system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it must be a heater, as no tubes go in or out of it. Kinda like a hair-dryer kinda thing. I'll try to remove the cover tomorrow and take some pics of the sound deadening process. :)

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq PHEV
42 Posts
Try pulling it straight backwards and it should slide loose. And secondly, that should be a cooling fan.

·
Registered
Iconiq plug In. Premium SE/ultimate 2019
99 Posts
But doesn’t the air get pulled in from in front of the rear seat, two small grill intakes on mine,
Not sure if it vents overboard or If it just recirculated ,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the help. The cover indeed jsut had to be pulled backwards. I didnt do the whole cover everything as I've read it overkill and doesnt do much. So i located the loudest part, playing drums on the inside and outside. :D

All in all a very easy process and took 2-3 hours from start to finish. It has made a big difference, it could be a placebo effect thing, and I'm sure it comes down to personal perception - but especially over a rough surface, it's a lot quieter. I'm going to do the doors as well sometime soon. I did want to do the boot as well, but it turns out to be very well isolated from the factory - so no need. :)

·
Registered
2020, Ioniq PHEV Premium SE
34 Posts
Interesting, are the silver "patches" strategically placed over holes or something else?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting, are the silver "patches" strategically placed over holes or something else?
I just kinda "banged and bonged" on the plating to figure out where some of the resonance could appear and covered the main part with some anti-vibration pads, I also placed some foam pads here and there to absorb the air-born noise. I made sure to not cover any hole or screws.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts