Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Sorry for my bad english I'm french ..

I should be able to open the charge port cover (door ? lid ?) by pressing the little mark in the lower corner. But it doesn't work. Nothing happens. I have to use the "magic key" instead.
Am I missing something ?

The manual indicates you can also open it via voice recognition. But .. what should I say ? And where is the microphone ??
I feel a little stupid standing by my car and yelling random orders ..

Thanks for your help

Edit: could it be due to a dead 12v battery ??

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hi,

I should be able to open the charge port cover (door ? lid ?) by pressing the little mark in the lower corner. But it doesn't work. Nothing happens. I have to use the "magic key" instead.
Am I missing something ?

The manual indicates you can also open it via voice recognition. But .. what should I say ? And where is the microphone ??

Thanks for your help
I think the car has to be locked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
In the "recommended reading" section right below my post I found a similar topic .. apparently you need to puch firmly. Will give it a try ;-)
And of course voice commands won't work from outside, which makes it pretty useless for that purpose.

Bye

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - 73kWh, RWD
15 Posts
Hi,

Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help

For the cover to open by manually pressing on the dots, you've to push really hard on the dots (also i think the cars has to be in unlocked state). It basically presses the "press to close button", under the cover. resulting in the cover to open.
The voice commands are for when you are sitting inside the car, before you get out, to plug in the charger.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
861 Posts
Hi,

Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help

Yes, it could be when the 12V battery is dead.
Normally you have to push on the dots on the charge door until the inside of the door touches the "close" button inside.
You can also open or close the charge door by pushing the dedicated button on your key fob.
You can also open the charge door by clicking on the voice button and saying; "Open the charge port door"
If the door doesn't open with your key fob then there is a problem. A lot of chances it is a ready known charge door control issue that drains your 12V battery.

Oui, cela pourrait être le cas, si la batterie 12V est morte.
Normalement, vous devez appuyer sur les petits points de la trappe de charge jusqu'à ce que l'intérieur de la trappe touche le bouton "Close" à l'intérieur.
Vous pouvez également ouvrir ou fermer la trappe de recharge en appuyant sur le bouton dédié de votre clef télécommande.
Vous pouvez également ouvrir la porte de chargement en cliquant sur le bouton vocal et en disant ; "Ouvrez la trappe du port de charge" en anglais "Open the charge port door".
Si la porte ne s'ouvre pas avec votre clef de télécommande, il y a un problème. Il y a de fortes chances qu'il s'agisse d'un problème de contrôle de porte de charge déjà connu qui décharge votre batterie 12V.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 ..Ultimate 4wd.
138 Posts
Hi,

Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help

Your English is better than mine.... And i am English (y):cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help

should work, but only when the car is unlocked (so you're the only one). I was always using the key-button, till I found out that you could do it manually by pressing on the dots

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

I tried to press really hard on the lid, it will not open. The 12V battery is ok since I can open the charge door with the remote key.
I called my hyundai retailer, they said it's normal .. the pretend every ioniq 5 they tested was the same ..
Ok I will use the remote every time, fine with me.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 and E-Niro 4+. (Previously, Polestar2, Tesla M3, Ampera, Ioniq)
312 Posts
Hi,

I tried to press really hard on the lid, it will not open. The 12V battery is ok since I can open the charge door with the remote key.
I called my hyundai retailer, they said it's normal .. the pretend every ioniq 5 they tested was the same ..
Ok I will use the remote every time, fine with me.
If the car is unlocked then you should be able to open the flap by pressing where the bumps are, press hard enough to make the flap bend to push the internal button. If you cannot do this ask (tell) the dealer to rectify the fault. Can you close the flap by pressing the button next to the charge port? If not the charge flap mechanism is definitely faulty. I am still waiting for a replacement charge unit to arrive from Korea as my charge flap will not open or close manually, only with the key.
There is a rumour that faulty charge flaps can cause the 12v battery to go flat, so beware!

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 RWD
11 Posts
For the cover to open by manually pressing on the dots, you've to push really hard on the dots (also i think the cars has to be in unlocked state). It basically presses the "press to close button", under the cover. resulting in the cover to open.
The voice commands are for when you are sitting inside the car, before you get out, to plug in the charger.

Hope this helps.
Exactly. At first I thought it didn't work, but when pressing hard it usually works for me the second or third time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help

I have figured out the problem with the charge port door. If it will not open by pushing on the outside. There is a moulded button on inside of the door which when pressed from the outside pushes the "close" button. The moulding is too small. It is likely a manufacturing defect. I have solved it by getting some tape and sticking it to the moulded button making it bigger. Voila. It now works. Obviously will need to have a new port door ordered. It will not be related to the 12v aux battery issue nor will it drain it. It is purely a mechanical issue.

·
Premium Member
2022 I5 Pref. AWD LR, Ultimate, AWhite
122 Posts
If your charge door does not open from outside too much time has expired since a door was last closed. This is good safety as it keeps anyone from opening the door.
Simply open and close a car door and the flap will open as described in the manual.
Unfortunately the safety lockout is not mentioned anywhere in the manual (not that I could find). Someone else found this 'goody' and I've been using it quite a few times and it has never failed me. If flap doesn't open I open the right rear door and close it and all good without exerting super pressure etc. Give it a try.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
260 Posts
If your charge door does not open from outside too much time has expired since a door was last closed. This is good safety as it keeps anyone from opening the door.
Simply open and close a car door and the flap will open as described in the manual.
Unfortunately the safety lockout is not mentioned anywhere in the manual (not that I could find). Someone else found this 'goody' and I've been using it quite a few times and it has never failed me. If flap doesn't open I open the right rear door and close it and all good without exerting super pressure etc. Give it a try.
This is well said. It is also given in the sticky for new owners. I’ve gotten into the habit of pressing on the door immediately after getting out of the car to charge it. Prior to learning about the lock safety I tried pushing real hard and even felt pads on the close button. They didn’t work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts