Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've bought a MY2020 Ioniq Electric hoping that BlueLink could be enabled later when it became available in Finland. We just got the app available on our app stores last week. I of course installed it and tried to activate my car, which - unsurprisingly - didn't work.

The car has the 10" head unit and eCall SOS button, which requires a cellular connection of some sorts. Does anyone have concrete information on the BlueLink system? Does it require specific hardware to be installed in the car, or is it something that can be enabled with a software upgrade?

Does Hyundai have an official service where I could check an European VIN if the capability exists?

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Premium (EV)
56 Posts
Do you have the bluelink option in the main menu on the infotainment system?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the bluelink option in the main menu on the infotainment system?
No. I was hoping that it would just require a software update to enable it after the app became available.

But I just got off the phone with the local Hyundai branch and they did a VIN-check - my car doesn't have the feature.:(

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Premium (EV)
56 Posts
I thought all 2020 models had this feature? The model sold in Finland should be the same as the one sold in the rest of europe. I would contact at least another dealer just to be sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought all 2020 models had this feature? The model sold in Finland should be the same as the one sold in the rest of europe. I would contact at least another dealer just to be sure.
Yeah, that was I was hoping too. It'd be a nice boos to the value of the car. Checked forums and saw that 10" Navi + eCall button = Bluelink. But nope, at least according to the local Hyundai organisation. Haven't lost all hope, there still is a chance that the local customer service is clueless, but I'm not holding my breath 🤷‍♂️

But EVNotify works just fine with a cheap Android phone and a $20 OBD2-Bluetooth adapter. I get what I most want: remote reading of the battery state when I'm charging on the road.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It may have the onboard equipment installed but if Hyundai Finland (say) hasn't struck a deal with a national cell/mobile phone network to carry the data, then it will have nothing to connect to. Not that I know that to be the case - just surmising.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts