Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thanks for that @Johtokunta (y)
I'm coming up to 2 years with my Ioniq this fall and even with a spare key fob tucked away should start thinking about changing the battery in my day-to-day fob shortly. Your video saves me the trouble of researching battery size and technique myself.

Reactions: Johtokunta

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, active vs passive use will have an effect on battery life. I almost never use the buttons and I've had batteries last up to six years.

·
Registered
303 Posts
After seeing @bluecar1's recommendation in the other thread about changing my fob's battery, I thought I should probably learn how to do so.

I wondered if it might be possible to open the fob without a screwdriver but with something reasonably blunt instead. I'm not the most co-ordinated of people, and there's a non-zero risk that I'd gouge either myself or some delicate electronic component if the sharp screwdriver slips.

Turns out it's possible to open the fob using the built-in key. Just put the tip of the key where the tutorials indicate to put the screwdriver, and either (gently) twist or lever the case open.

·
Super Moderator
8,250 Posts
After seeing @bluecar1's recommendation in the other thread about changing my fob's battery, I thought I should probably learn how to do so.

I wondered if it might be possible to open the fob without a screwdriver but with something reasonably blunt instead. I'm not the most co-ordinated of people, and there's a non-zero risk that I'd gouge either myself or some delicate electronic component if the sharp screwdriver slips.

Turns out it's possible to open the fob using the built-in key. Just put the tip of the key where the tutorials indicate to put the screwdriver, and either (gently) twist or lever the case open.
i just used brute force (well a little) as you can seperate it using your fingers once you remove the manual key,

must admit i didn't think of just twisting the key once you popped it out a bit :)

nice idea,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts