Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting for my car but was wondering how much the road tx is and do new cars come with road tax. Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
and £140 from the second year onwards for the hybrid AFAIK.

In the IOM its still £35 but then the fuel prices are over 10p per litre higher ..

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was told it was £130 per annum if the car was registered after the 31st March this year. If they were registered on or before the 31st March then the tax is £0 (mine arrived in the UK on the 31st and was registered the same day....happy days!!)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yes you are correct. Free before 1st April (mine too!).

now EVs are free. Otherwise its first year tax is based on CO2 emmissions then subsequent years are £140 for petrol/diesel and alternative fuel (includes hybrids) are £130

And if your car's list price is over £40k then you have to pay an extra £310 for the first 5 years.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes you are correct. Free before 1st April (mine too!).

now EVs are free. Otherwise its first year tax is based on CO2 emmissions then subsequent years are £140 for petrol/diesel and alternative fuel (includes hybrids) are £130

And if your car's list price is over £40k then you have to pay an extra £310 for the first 5 years.
I suspect that they will start having some excuse for charging tax on EV as well as more people switch to EV's .

·
Registered
725 Posts
I suspect that they will start having some excuse for charging tax on EV as well as more people switch to EV's .
Of course! As soon as their income from car tax drops the rules will change! Thats why they changed them this time I am sure of it

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Of course! As soon as their income from car tax drops the rules will change! Thats why they changed them this time I am sure of it
same as congestion charge in London

used to be 100g/mile in 2012, then dropped to 75, now 0 for exemption

just another way to tax us to death

1 - 9 of 9 Posts