Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down to the Cheddar gorge on Bank holiday Monday, on the way there, we were driving down many hills, and made use of using the region, I never seen the batter meter go so full, only two off fully charged! then the car was in ev mode for what seemed like many miles.

anyone else managed to meet or beat my score?
tired to get the other half to take a photo, but they didn't see my excitement as much as I did!

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
I drive over a mountain road to work each morning . Once I've come down the other side the remaining 12 miles or so is nearly all on EV apart from a few minor inclines when the ICE kicks in for a few hundred yards at a time . Gave me a pleasant surprise seeing as the early reviews I read said the EV was only good for a few hundred yards to a mile . It often goes to 2 off full charge when coming back home down the mountain

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have had it full once after getting it (although may not have been full and one or two bars off as I cant honestly remember). Normally it hovers in the middle sector.

I dont want a full battery it means I am carrying a dead weight and all those extra electrons :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
1 bar off full, after having been on the M25 with a lot of stop start traffic. I was desperate to get that last bar!

·
Registered
725 Posts
1 bar off full, after having been on the M25 with a lot of stop start traffic. I was desperate to get that last bar!
I am on the M25 before 6am and after 7pm so dont see much traffic so the car spends a fair amount of time cruising at 65 in EV so uses a fair amount of battery

·
Registered
173 Posts
The most I have got is today...three quarters full. Usually it's on half. , I shall have to take a trip to Cheddar (I'm only 10 miles from it ) and see if it does the same for me. On another topic, I still haven't seen another Ionic on my travels. Don't half make me feel superior!! :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
The most I have got is today...three quarters full. Usually it's on half. , I shall have to take a trip to Cheddar (I'm only 10 miles from it ) and see if it does the same for me. On another topic, I still haven't seen another Ionic on my travels. Don't half make me feel superior!! :)

Full batteries are bad. Means you are carrying around a heavy motor and not using it :)

I am still also driving a very unique car having not seen another. Common teslas on the other hand I see all the time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Never had mine over 3/4.. Is it meant to?

·
Registered
725 Posts
most I have seen is 3 bars in the top third, but only once, normally max is 1 bar in top segment for a few minutes, but 99% of time it never gets into top third
Eaxctly the same but then it looks like our driving style is too according to fuelly!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ever did full bar on one night highway drive at full sport mode.
Trying to charge it to it's MAX.

Amazingly, the battery can last with air-con on, all lights off in a stationary mode for almost an HOUR!

·
Registered
15 Posts
electron overload

Went for a drive last weekend up in the hills....on the way back down, managed to max out my battery charge. The only reason I thought about it at all was that I had read this post the week before.
Most of the time running back and forth to work, it tends to stay about half or a little less.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Yeah, same here, the car seems to want to keep the battery between the two `notches` on the battery bar, with the bits above and below available for use or storage under non-standard conditions. The battery level also seems to affect when the EV mode kicks in under steady-state cruising, but it's not a scientific opinion, just an observation.

At peak I've seen the battery level one bar off peak, but that was also after a long downhill run.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Took a drive up on the mountain today...up around Shaver lake and Pine Flat dam, and coming back noticed the charge bars got withing ONE BAR of maximum on the way back down the mountain! I ended up showing 65.5 mpg when I pulled into the gas station in Clovis, but my average mpg still only averaged out to just under 55 mpg.

My wife has been driving my car and she is a typical California driver - meaning FOOT TO THE FLOOR on every green light, with maximum acceleration up to the next red light - stand on the brakes....so that's probably counter acting my attempt to produce the maximum mpg numbers possible!

·
Registered
101 Posts
With the Cuesta grade being part of my daily commute, I see a full guage fairly often. It's only for a bit as the EV mode remains on for the remainder of my trip. By the time I get to parking I'm just a above half.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts