Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Limited with Premium Package
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I plug my phone up to charge in the front USB port it automatically starts Apple CarPlay. Now I like having CarPlay and this was honestly one of the selling points on why I bought this car over the Prius but sometimes I’d just like to be able to charge and use my phone without it being linked to my stereo so is there any way to set CarPlay, maps, etc to where I have manually to connect it without It connecting automatically all the time? I do Uber and doordash so I’m constantly in and out of the car so I’d just rather have more of the controls through my phone and not the radio.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Charge your phone in one of the 12v ports not the USB port. I have a similar problem and that is my way around it. However, if your apps link to Goolgle Maps or Waze, you won't be able to get your route on the car screen, only the phone.

Reactions: Snowdude77

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
You have full access to most all apps from the handset, even with Carplay active. Uber and Doordash should work fine unless they have Carplay hooks. Phone, messages, and map programs with directions active have some changed handset functionality (to encourage hands off) but pretty easy workarounds.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I understand the issue, I think. The apps lose their audible alerts when connected to the vehicle. I have found that I MUST keep watching the phone in order not to miss the work.

Reactions: Snowdude77

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand the issue, I think. The apps lose their audible alerts when connected to the vehicle. I have found that I MUST keep watching the phone in order not to miss the work.
Yes exactly!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes exactly!
And it doesn’t seem to calculate a multi stop route. Like when I go to pick up a doordash order, it will give me directions to the restaurant on my car screen but Once I picked up the order and need to proceed to the customers address it’s still trying to give me directions back to the restaurant instead of continuing on to the customers address.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38 kWh Premium 2020 Fiery Red
7 Posts
You could create a shortcut in the Shortcuts app that will do When I connect phone to CarPlay, pause Music. I had one setup to play a specific playlist when I connected to Carplay so I think you’ll be able to pause as well. Not on phone right now but will check once I am.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Reading the thread, I am wondering if you want some apos and not others with carplay. If so, there is a customization option in ”general+carplay+’ioniq’+customize” There you can remove and reorder apps that will work with carplay.
image.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts