Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is defeating me so far! - I can enter a full UK postcode which will return the town and street. But so far except on on occasion the street numbers are greyed out. I must be doing something wrong, but what?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I hate that "formula" for entering an address in. The first couple times I've seen this years ago I thought there was something wrong with my GPS and wanted to return it. But then I got curious and followed what it was asking me for and it came up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I hate that style too. I prefer just putting in the whole address like you would for the post office (i.e. 123 Somewhere Place, Sometown, State).

I remember using Nokia HERE maps on my Android before Google Maps had offline map capability and it did that weird format. If it didn't "know" the address specifically (like a new business pops up on that street with new street number never before seen) it would gray it out and only let you select from an already available list. It was outdated all the time and updates were slow and incomplete. Very frustrating. I'm hoping it won't be weird here in the US.

·
Registered
189 Posts
the nav system uses Here Maps, so that may explain it
Ah, that's probably it then. With it supporting Android Auto, I would assume it would work in conjunction with your phone with Google Maps instead? It would only revert to the built-in nav info if Android Auto/Apple CarPlay was unavailable correct?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll check it out. Maybe it has improved since the last time I used it. I did confirm, this company provides the map data for Kia and Hyundai systems in the US and they get their data from HERE. FAQ

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ah, that's probably it then. With it supporting Android Auto, I would assume it would work in conjunction with your phone with Google Maps instead? It would only revert to the built-in nav info if Android Auto/Apple CarPlay was unavailable correct?
No, not quite. You choose which map you want to work with, and can switch between the two if you wish. The sat.nav. map is always available. If connected to wifi (for example through a shared connection via you phone or a dongle), the map will update with live traffic, etc. Now, if you connect the phone via cable and enable Apple Carplay/Android Auto, you may access the map in your phone via the Apple/Android menu that comes up. This would then work independently of the sat.nav. system of the car itself.

A minor nuisance to me is that Apple Carplay will only allow the Apple maps, not Google maps, which I think are still superior.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks @Norwegian. That's disappointing. I sure will not be in the habit of connecting a physical cable to use Google Maps through the Ioniq's screen. It's 2017 people. Wires? C'mon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts