Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's alarming how often the charging bays at McDonald's in Lund, Sweden are occupied by fossil cars. But enough is enough! This fossil car with a trailer takes up four parking spaces including all three charging bays!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Get Sarah on to it :LOL:

Reactions: bluioniq

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you leave the driver a note?

View attachment 31213

Maybe the McDonald's can mark the space with a color. Like they do here in the Netherlands: https://www.plugshare.com/location/38955
I've mailed both McDonald's and Fortum (the power company) on several occasions about the lack of signs and markings on the asphalt. Without any signs, it's hard to claim that the spaces are for charging only.

It's probably too much to ask that drivers of fossil cars should recognize a vehicle charger and understand that the space is not for them.

Still, I think that parking across four spaces is rude by any standard. He could have found two parking spaces that connect lengthways, or disconnected the trailer and used a separate space for that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Whenever I see stuff like this, it's difficult to believe it's not intentional ICE-ing

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,825 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
That picture makes no sense to me. I have driven a similar car/trailer outfit many times and when parking I have always taken great care to not box the car into a dead-end like that - especially with the trailer at an angle behind. It makes the move away from that position quite difficult without uncoupling and turning the trailer around by hand. Trust me, reversing a small trailer is not easy. I always opted to park where I was able to drive away from that same position without any extra reversing manoeuvre being needed. Unless that driver had no better option that parking position is puzzling.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't know about many other countries, but here in Australia that sort of behaviour has always been fairly common for disability/wheelchair parking spaces.

Sometimes its deliberate ("I was only going to be 5 minutes"), but other times people just don't reads the signs prior to entering the bay ("No, I didn't see the big blue and white wheelchair symbol on the ground because its under my car... "):rolleyes:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Don't know about many other countries, but here in Australia that sort of behaviour has always been fairly common for disability/wheelchair parking spaces.

Sometimes its deliberate ("I was only going to be 5 minutes"), but other times people just don't reads the signs prior to entering the bay ("No, I didn't see the big blue and white wheelchair symbol on the ground because its under my car... "):rolleyes:
It’s not a common problem in the US, because of hefty penalties for parking on handicapped spaces. In New Jersey first offence is $250 and, for subsequent offenses, a $250 minimum fine and/or up to 90 days community service. Court appearance is mandatory, even if you plead guilty. Other states have similar laws.

·
Super Moderator
2,045 Posts

All too common in the UK I'm afraid

·
Registered
156 Posts
What would you expect at McDonald’s? Avoid that crap.
Yes, perhaps this is evidence that MacDonald's so-called food is not so good for the little grey cells!
?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts